Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seeing as all other armies for apocalypse are getting bulk box sets such as 3 monoliths and what not how comes so far the orks have only the big mek released does any one know of GW releasing more for the orks at any point?

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Nothing on the US site as of now, but you never know. You'd think they'd at least release one for the Green Tide... it's not like that's hard to package or anything. One Warboss blister and ten boxes of boyz...

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
The Spearhead. Nobody else got that. Also early on they had a Dred mob...like 5 dreds and 12 Killa Kanz or something. No, with the release of the new dex' I don't think GW would release something that wouldn't sell very well this late in the Apocalypse hype.

-Dirge

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
The Apocalypse hype hasn't really died down though, from what I can tell. A lot of people are building armies not to 1500 or 2000 points, but to 3000 or more points these days. It's not strictly because Apocalypse is the "new" thing, but because there are actually rules that are regularly updated (or as much as "regularly" applies to GW...) and it's worth the investment in the extra models.

I really am a little surprised they haven't boxed up 100 boyz yet... I mean, they're pushing the new Ork codex (which doesn't need pushing at all... it's friggin' amazing!) so it seems like having a deal where you can get 100 boyz at a slight discount, which you'll use in even 1500 point games most likely, would be good for GW sales.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is a Cult of Speed set. Im not sure how to get it though it may have been a limited run. I did see it for sale on Ebay though

·
Registered
368 Posts
They still have to shift the first lots of apocalypse sets before they'll make any more. The popular ones eg necron phalanx, are already gone and out of production but there are still loads hanging around as store stock. I doubt there'll be anything for ages. Consider yourself lucky you got anything at all, you could have been like the sororitas and not even have data sheets for your army.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a cult of speed box set like the 100 pounds sets u use to get for armageddon? and yes it is true we got a data sheet but i would rather buy a 100 orks in a single box set deal would save me carry ten box's around and a couple of quid but looking at the current deals on ork box sets i.e the spear head u save like a couple of pounds which is pretty rediculous but i recomend people to buy two of the 50 pounds box sets that will work out far cheaper than the spear head

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
I'm pretty sure the apoc boxes are gone, there was a cool ork one, the dread mob, but youd have to see if mail order are still doing them. We certainly dont stock any more apoc boxes in store (its a matter of what we have left) they were a limited release thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts