Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I used to play Warhammer 40k a few years ago and I wanted to get back at it. I used to have a little Ork army and recently my uncle (gosh, he was a fanatic) said that he couldnt play anymore due to personal issues so he gave me a few of his Ork and Chaos miniatures. I was bombarded with new stuff so I dont know where to go from here.

Here is the list of the things I have. Please help :)

Ork:
42x Ork Boyz
10x Ork Nobz
5x Stormboyz
12x Warbikers
5x Kommandus
5x Lootas/Burnas (they are still unassembled)
4x Warbuggies (3 are Wartrakks)
3x Killa Cans
3x Ork Trukks

Chaos:
2x Rhinos
1x Land Raider
1x Defiler
20x Khorne Berzerkers
1x Chaos Terminator Lord
5x Possessed Chaos Marines
10x Chaos Marines

I really dont know where to go from here since I dont have much experience with the game and I am unfamiliar with some of these miniatures. Also, I am currently visiting the United States so I need to purchase my miniatures here as they are very expensive where I live.

Tips for either (or both) are appreciated.

Thanks!:victory:

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
Hmm, well first off think about what kind of army you would like to field. Would you like an army marching across the board on foot, a legion of tanks and transports, or a balance? Do you want to have a primarily ranged list, a close combat list, or both?

I personally like the choices you already have for your chaos list as the land raider, rhinos, khorne berserkers, and defiler all constitute fairly good choices from that codex. All together they would make for a good close combat list and all you would need would maybe be a daemon prince or two, more berserkers, one or two more troop boxes (either plague marines or regular chaos marines would be good), and maybe some heavy support choices in the form of oblits or another defiler.

For buying stuff in bulk in the US I would visit http://www.thewarstore.com/ Everything is like 20% off GW prices and there is a single shipping cost of I think 6$ for everything. You may have to wait for them to get certain things in stock however.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks a lot! I will definately consider that. I think I want a more CC Army for my Chaos. I have no idea for my Orks, since I really am not familiar with them :S

I appreciate the comment!

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
Well I guess I'll just give a quick comment on my favorite ork list while I'm perusing the forums and it just so happens you have the beginnings of making that list.

It involves fielding a wall of Killa Kans (up to nine) and using full size shoota boy ork mobz (or your nobz I suppose) on foot behind them with a KFF mek. The KFF will give all your kans in front a 4+ cover save due to being obscured and the kans will confer a 4+ save to everyone behind them as well. Then you fill out the rest of your list with kommandos and lootas (make those guys into lootas as they are one of the best things in the entire ork codex).

·
Registered
312 Posts
You've got the start of a very good World Eaters CSM army. They're absolute beasts in close combat. You could do something like this:

Chaos Lord 155 Points
- Mark of Khorne, Terminator Armour, Bloodfeeder

Daemon Prince 140 Points
- Wings, Mark of Khorne

Berzerkers (8) 208 Points
- Skull Champion w/ Power Fist

Berzerkers (8) 258 Points
- Skull Champion w/Power Fist
- Rhino w/ Extra Armour

Berzerkers (8) 258 Points
- Skull Champion w/Power Fist
- Rhino w/ Extra Armour

Land Raider 240 Points
- Daemonic Possession

Defiler 150 Points
- Battle Cannon, 4 DCCW

That gets you to 1409 points. You can add Berzerkers to your squads to bring you up to 1500 points. A nice point level. You'd need to buy a box of Khorne Berzerkers and a Daemon Prince. If you can hold out til August 7th you could get the new Daemon Prince which is cheaper and comes with wings. :victory:

You put the Lord and the first squad of Berzerkers in the Land Raider and drive it and the rhinos straight at your opponents army with the Prince lurking behind the raider for cover. When you get close enough everyone piles out and carnage ensues. The Khorne Lord is capable of delivering 17 power weapon attacks by himself! All while the Defiler walks across the table raining template death until it gets close enough to charge and use it's sick number of attacks to mutilate what it can.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Uilleam looks like he's on the right track, chaos rule!
Definetly wait before getting your DP the new one comes with wings!!!!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
chaos is easy zerkers in raider possesd in rhinos csm in rhino with lord all i cam adivise is a prince

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks a lot for the help guys! I am definately going to follow the advice given here. Uilleam that set up for the CSM seem pretty awesome. Is there any model for the berzerker's power fist? I am buying some more miniatures tomorrow.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You can buy individual champion models and convert them to be World Eaters. Or get some power fists and get out your handy clippers and equip a regular Berzerker with a power fist and call him your Skull Champion. Odds are the GW store/Rogue trader guys will be very glad to help you out with any other questions you have. :victory: There are World Eater Champion models you can buy BUT they don't have Power Fists unfortunatly.

Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hooray for chaos...NEVER EVER TAKE A LORD/SORCERER A DP IS 10 TIMES BETTER AND A LOT CHEAPER TOO (Unless they're for fluff reasons)

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should definitely pick up a painboy for your Nobs, he's 16 bucks and gives the group Feel No Pain. You can throw the other Nob (preferrably w/ p. claw) in with the boys. Since you can take the wounds off the boys most of the time. Be sure to convert a group of Ard boys for that 4+ save. And if you wanna be cheap on the boss, tons of internet sites have a generic warboss for a few bucks. Keep cheap on the orks cause the daemons have some RAD new stuff on it's way!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts