·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hq
Warboss - Power Klaw, Attack Squig, Da Lucky Stikk, 'Eavy Armour
Painboy

Troops
Boyz x 30 - Boss Nob with Bosspole and Power Klaw (2 Units)

Elites
Nobz x 5 - All with Big Choppas, One with Bosspole in Trukk

Fast Attack
Deffkopta - Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha (3 Units of One)

Heavy Support
Lootas x 10

A couple people at my local store helped me with this list from stuff I already had as I'm a new player and have only picked up a few black reach sets and some other odds and ends. I would, however, like some advice on what I could do to improve this list in the future at the thousand point level for now and how to expand it further later on. I have been given the advice of course of adding a lot more boyz. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
yes more boyz would be good.

and more koptas as three will not do much either that or some buggies to split fire.

The nobs I would mix up their weapons to give a better result. A couple of combi flamers would come in handy to roast some opponents before charging into them. I would look at dropping the trukk and take a dedicated battlewagon for the NObs.

·
Registered
522 Posts
As a first list, that will certainly give you a good taster of what it's like to play Orks.
30 Boyz per mob is actually very big, and unwieldy. 20 per mob will be fine, so you could have 3 mobs, or you could bung them in 'Eavy armour.
I'd also want to give the Nobs eavy armour too, especially if they're in the trukk. Trukks tend to go boom early on, and you'll take unnecessary wounds without the armour.
If you can, squeeze in some Mek Guns, they are very handy to sit at the back and dish out some dakka in support.
TBH, the Koptas could end up giving your opponents first blood. They attract dakka especially as they are likely to be ahead of your army and not particularly resilient.
Keep one, hide him at the back, or in reserve, and zoom out and grab objectives with him at the end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.