Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating putting together a Ordo Xenos army using the Space Marine list and using either hereticus or daemonhunter inquistors, but what i want to know is if a company size force of deathwatch would ever come about? In my mind its 50/50.

One way i see it is, if the xenos force big enough of a problem then its possible alot of deathwatch would be called upon including support vechicles.

on the other hand.

Why bother having the deathwatch there at all when you could just ask a chapter to do it.

(heh big deviation from my idea of changing my word bearers to a loyalist chapter but i want a force that looks unique and has good fluff about it)

·
Registered
905 Posts
you know, if you want good fluff, you should use some of the less used chapters, they seem to have the best fluff, try Crimson Fists or the Raven Guard, i really like the Shrike model personally, rules are pretty good as well.

Btw, deathwatch is supposed to be made up of covert squads made up of the Imperium's finest xeno-killing space marines. They are organized into taskforces and sent out no more than 50 strong at a time.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i made an army list in the other section and i began to think it has a suitable edge that makes it different to normal space marine forces (its not hyped and relies mainly on how good marines are) so i was thinking of possibly using one of those random chatpers you hear about making them my own writing some fluff and explain how they came about being like that. I was considering Celestial lions at one stage.

·
Registered
905 Posts
umm it was edited out of message but you need to also choose drawbacks 8)

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I chose aspire to glory, must of forgot to add it :) picked aspire to glory since i doubt deathwatch could really get terminator armour etc. I've moved on from deathwatch now and i'm seriously thinking of doing Imperial Fist 2nd company, i made an list int he arm list section to, tell me what you think :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts