Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions actually. Both of these came up against a relatively new player

1) In the BRB it states that a vehicle must remain stationary to fire an ordnance weapon, as well can not fire any other weapons that turn. Is a walker subject to this as well? as in it must remain stationary to fire an ordnance weapon? I said yes, but he argued endlessly that since a walker can move and still fire all its weapons, it is allowed to fire ordnance after moving.

2) when firing a blast template, any kind of any size, do you get to choose to place it anywhere over the base you want? so ifs its for a MC like a Trygon taking the hit, the player shooting at it can place the blast template anywhere over the base he chooses in order to gain more hits with the weapon?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
1 - Point to the part about Ordance weapons which says that Walkers are immune? As far as i know that have to stay still to shoot. However i can't think of a single Ord wepaon on a walker other than Titans.

2 - ou must place the template over the base of any 1 modal. as long as the center is above 1 modal then it should be fine. It can also be ANYWHERE over the base. This makes modals on long bases such as Trygons or bikes rather vunrable to them

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Vehicles only need to be stationary to fire ordnance BARRAGE weapons - ordnance weapons of them selves have no such caveat - apart from disallowing other weapons firing at the same time.
Ordnance weapons can be fired on the move like any other weapon.

The Defiler is a walker with an ordnance weapon (battlecannon).
It can move and fire with its big gun.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Vehicles only need to be stationary to fire ordnance BARRAGE weapons - ordnance weapons of them selves have no such caveat - apart from disallowing other weapons firing at the same time.

The Defiler is a walker with an ordnance weapon (battlecannon).
It can move and fire with its big gun.
:goodpost:
The only limitation is that it has to be over a base (but anywhere over the base). Unfortunately this means that you cant fire round corners by placing the blast by a unit out of sight.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Some how i kept getting cofuised by that. thats from making that clear...Vindicators became suddenly better in my eyes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts