Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just starting a new PLOG for my Orcs and Goblins. A lot of them are already painted, but I need to go through and refresh the bases and I'll probably look at replaceing some of them and at least repaint some of them. This was the first army I ever started painting it was started back in the mid 90's so some of the models are quite dated.

I've started on the refresh of the bases, the old ones were just goblin green with green flock, so they looked like they were walking across a freshly mown lawn... Just doesn't look right for O&G.

I'll be using this as a break from painting Purple and Bone for my Eldar, so this PLOG will be even slower moving than that one. Just a few pics to get it started now:

As you can see the banners need to be redone, they're way to neat and clean. I'm thinking about picking up some of the new Savage Orc Boar Boyz and replacing that unit. I've got more stuff to show, but I haven't taken pics of them yet (they're still in the shed) I'll get them sorted out when I can, no promises on time-line, I want to stay focused on my Eldar. Like I said, I'll just be using these guys when painting the weedy looking eldar gets to be too much and I need some Green in my eyes. :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
I like how they smile:laugh:

but those really are nice models, i would think again when replacing that unit...

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Loving the old school models mate! I look forward to seeing more of them!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Love the old school goblin green bases.
That's stage one of the refresh. Repainting the bases. I've done the Savage Orc Boar Boyz.

Whoa, you've got some old models there! The models themselves kinda suck, but your paint-job is good. Nice job!
Thanks! The Black orcs in particular were a bit rough to paint. Lack of detail in the plastic, coupled with the fact that they are all identical made it a hard job. :thank_you:

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is a beautiful paint job. My orcs never looked anywhere near that nice, lol. I kind of suck at this whole painting thing. :goodpost:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts