+ Trukk, Armour Plates, Riggers = 50

2 DeffKoptas, Twin Rokkits = 90

12 Kommandos, 2 Bigshootas, Snikrot = 215

Looted Wagon, Boomgun, Ard Case = 115

Looted Wagon, Boomgun, Ard Case, = 115

Total = 1499

Pretty brutal if i can get close enough without dying horribly.

Just gotta buy/build and paint it, And would basically have a month! Mmmmm maybe we shall see.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Haven't gotten to read up on the orks properly yet but id consider it as the models look cool and it'd make me paint a brand new army

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was going to take either my Nids, or get an Ork army done.

Whatever you guys take, bear in mind Eldar spam. So Lootas look good, as does just the sheer number of bodies of Orks.

·
Registered
954 Posts
So what list?
Now that would be telling, but lets just say it has flash gits, and most of the units have all the upgrades! Oh and i've "hired" a couple of special characters!!!

MarzM

·
Registered
339 Posts
I was thinking that flash gitz have to be good. Obvoiusly the kommandos with the special character are great.

For the rest I was thinking a bunch of looters, sluggas and stormboyz and wierdboyz for HQ?

AV 14 seems a problem unless you get lucky with the wierdboyz.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
The Orks are now seriously competetive, i used them tonight against a customer's chaos army and gave them a pasting.

i've seriously conisdered using a list of just 180 boyz led by ghazgul...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Being on the other side of the pond, I've started the Orks for next year's GT circuit (and RTT's). The models are refreshingly fun to build and paint (a nice change from all the Eldar I've been doing) and the list builds just seem to counter most armies (at least on paper).

Over here, Escalation isn't as predominent, so the Stormboyz have a lot of appeal. Even with Escalation, 60 Stormboyz are sure to give opponents a real headache.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Say, what does the new Codex do better and worse than the old one?

I'm only asking about generalities, not specifics.

I heard that the base troops are cheaper (now costing the same as your everyday guardsmen) but what else makes things different?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Say, what does the new Codex do better and worse than the old one?
I'm only asking about generalities, not specifics.

I heard that the base troops are cheaper (now costing the same as your everyday guardsmen) but what else makes things different?

Better:
Some half decent ranged firepower.
Cheaper boyz.
Lots of flashy new toyz.

Badder:
No readily available cover save for the boyz.
Trukks are still awful (though people don’t seem to realise).
Lots of gimps will start looking for the “optimal” Ork list.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Trukks are still awful (though people don’t seem to realise).

i quite disagree with this, though trukks are still quite awful i do like the idea of going 25" in one turn, watching your opponent blow the trukk to smithereens and nothing happen to the boys inside.

Granted sticking 12 boyz in a trukk is a bit shit cause 12 boyz aren't gunna do anything. however 6 mega armoured nobz will :biggrin:

·
Registered
325 Posts
i quite disagree with this, though trukks are still quite awful i do like the idea of going 25" in one turn, watching your opponent blow the trukk to smithereens and nothing happen to the boys inside.

Granted sticking 12 boyz in a trukk is a bit shit cause 12 boyz aren't gunna do anything. however 6 mega armoured nobz will :biggrin:
Y'see I think you have this arse about face.
You have only a 1 in 3 chance of a trukk not damaging its cargo & that assumes you only score the one effect on it. With multiple hits the chance of not taking damage goes down.
In any case what you end up with is the tasty soft cargo sat in the open waiting for shooty death.
Open topped AV10 is still a crap way to deliver troops.

While a unit of 12 Orks with a nob w/claw is one of the nastiest things you can drop into someones face. There are very few units that will walk away from that combat.
Add in their price drop & they become very attractive indeed (if only it were not for the delivery system :()

Basically you still have the same issues that I faced at the GT two years ago. Your CC troops are sat in AV10 open topped boxes. Once those are destroyed you have no way of closing with the enemy & its game over.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Y'see I think you have this arse about face.
You have only a 1 in 3 chance of a trukk not damaging its cargo & that assumes you only score the one effect on it. With multiple hits the chance of not taking damage goes down.
In any case what you end up with is the tasty soft cargo sat in the open waiting for shooty death.
Open topped AV10 is still a crap way to deliver troops.

While a unit of 12 Orks with a nob w/claw is one of the nastiest things you can drop into someones face. There are very few units that will walk away from that combat.
Add in their price drop & they become very attractive indeed (if only it were not for the delivery system :()

Basically you still have the same issues that I faced at the GT two years ago. Your CC troops are sat in AV10 open topped boxes. Once those are destroyed you have no way of closing with the enemy & its game over.
i think the saving grace of them though is that it's a fast vehicle that can move 24", and the fact that as long as you have 12 models in the vehicle you aint getting pinned at all, there's no such thing as entangled on it, which was the main problem with the old trukks, entangled boyz were sitting ducks.

plus, the hit they take is only strength 3, meaning they only take wounds on 5+, which is better than it was before.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.