Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't know if this should go in Tactics, but its not really that tactical.

Just wanted to garner peoples tuppence/ 2c/ small coinage of your chosen denomination on which units they feel benefit most from the Red Hunter Protocols.

If you are unaware of the Forgeworld Chapter Tactics, the Red Hunters player may choose a number of units less than or equal to the number of the game turn to gain one of the following: counter attack, monster hunter, taknk hunters, hatred, skyfire, interceptor.

The units that jumped out at me were sternguard and devastators, but any other tacticians think of a better abuse of this Chapter Tactic?

·
Registered
113 Posts
i use bikers with gravguns with a biker captain and it works REALLY well.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Sterngaurd, Devastators, Land Raiders, maybe kitted out tactical squads. Those would get the most use of it I think. Very interesting Chapter Tactic that one, I'm looking forward to using the Carcharodons when I start Space Marines.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Do land raiders have chapter tactics?

I was thinking purely on their own as there are other battle brothers aswell, but comment on either with or without would be welcome:

I currently run eldar/ dark eldar, and blood angels. Was thinking of a marine army that can play in its own right but ally up too. Was looking at dark angels/ white scars, but intrigued by raptors and red hunters. As modelling is more my thing I was leaning towards hunters as I can model them up as deathwatch. So grey knights allies would be interesting for gameplay and modelling purposes.

EDIT: re bikers: what do you use the grav guns for? Relentless intercepting and skyfire hoping for enough sixes? Hadn't thought of that. Or am I missing something else?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Sternguard, Devastators and Dreadnoughts are usually your best bet, I think. Divination from Coteaz and Skyfire from the Redaction Protocols and you're good.

Midnight

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Devistaors for sure.

only the tau have anything like 4 sky fire lascannons.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Do land raiders have chapter tactics?

I was thinking purely on their own as there are other battle brothers aswell, but comment on either with or without would be welcome:

I currently run eldar/ dark eldar, and blood angels. Was thinking of a marine army that can play in its own right but ally up too. Was looking at dark angels/ white scars, but intrigued by raptors and red hunters. As modelling is more my thing I was leaning towards hunters as I can model them up as deathwatch. So grey knights allies would be interesting for gameplay and modelling purposes.

EDIT: re bikers: what do you use the grav guns for? Relentless intercepting and skyfire hoping for enough sixes? Hadn't thought of that. Or am I missing something else?
the grav guns are fun, also bikers can keep up with the flyers so you are quite sure you can fire them.
grav guns also work AWESOOOOOME with tank hunter. hatred will make sure you can kill smaller units a lot easier and be free next turn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts