Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Second

Votes: 14 58.3%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would YOU choose to deploy first or second? I am looking for anyones/everyones personal insights.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
picked second...deploying second is strategic because you can counter what your opponent puts down.

Although it always depends on who you're playing

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I'll usually take the first turn with my Flesh Tearers because my army is fairly small and I want to be in close combat quickly or risk losing too many models to shooting. There are a few exceptions to this rule, like if I'm planning on Deep Striking the majority of my army or if I'm playing a mission with multiple objectives (it's really nice to have second turn then since you can swoop in and contest/capture objectives and your opponent can't do much about it). All in all, going first or second isn't something you should decide beforehand - instead look at the situation and decide which would be most advantageous each time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The tactician in me says, "Go second, unless I don't need to see what my opponent is planning."

I will almost always want to go 2nd, Considering i'm extremely competitive but will use lets say, scouts, for their fluffiness, so I need to make good gameplay choices. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
with my chaod i got first...because i can pop smoke with my Rhinos giving them better chance at living

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Playing DE I want first why 2 reasons -

1) If I go second the enemy usually knows stay back and let me come to them in CC anyway as I have paper thin armour and vehicles it's not hard to shoot down and if I've gone second I've wasted a turn with possibly loosing some models before I even get there.

2) It allows me to move closer before to threaten them and also means I can position Ravagers better to destroy enemy tanks to stop them killing mine and also giving me something to charge turn 2 or 1 if possible

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im very shooty with my current build and so is my buddy whom i play the most. he went first and lit me up yesturday, which really screwed me for the game, not to mention my utterly destroyed terminator deep strike failure turn 4. i wish i had either gone first and shot the hell outa him, or deployed in a more reserved fashion, not deep striking my terminex. I'm back into fortyK for fifth and trying to find my feet again. practice, practice, practice..

thanks all.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I really cant answer this all too well given there are so many variables. I play tau so i usually go frst, but in objective games, I prefer 2nd so i can contest objectives at the end

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I chose second, not only to counter maneuvers, but if it's an objective mission, the player going second will have the very last turn, giving them more of a chance to grab/contest objectives at the last minute.

Depending on the army I'm facing, and what I'm playing, I might choose to go first however. For example, if I'm playing a mechanized army and my opponent seems to have a lot of long range, high strength shooting, then I'd choose to go first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts