Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

What do we all think of the new white dwarf set up?

• Ex static! This is just what we needed!

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • It's good, could be better but good!

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • I'm neutral, don't give a shit either way

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Bad, just bad

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Fucking AWEFUL! Ruined it completely!

Votes: 4 12.9%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do we all think of the new white dwarf weekly/visions?

I for one hate it- the weekly has no substance or volume to it and the visions is nice but looking at so many pages of pictures got a bit tedious
And one thing that really gets up my hooter is that they can't even be arsed to make different ones for each country, they still have French and German there!
I think the space would be much better used to explain the pictures- like they do in the proper white dwarf- like say picture 1 is a gretching coping his master, pic 2 is...

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
eh; white dwarf has lost me as a customer long ago, and I am not sure if it can ever be repaired enough for me to spend money on it ever again.

Now if they redid the WDDaily/Black Gobo/OMGWTFBBQ and made it...IDK better, then I could see myself following that.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
First issue - pants,
I think we'll see some issues flying off the shelves and others being used to even up GW tables in the future

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I couldnt give a shit either way, but in my group 2 guys buyed it and 2 guys are using it to even tables in the dining room...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Love the new White Dwarf Weekly, only get rid of Jervis and bring in Jeremy Vetok and it would be perfect.

As for Warhammer Visions, i like it but it sure has a shit load of technical screwups in regards to the ink blot pages turding up the photos. A white background for the photos would or should be a smegging no brainer, but it has escaped the WD team.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I didn't buy either. I'm not into dwarfs or tyranids at the moment. If it contained CSM or Daemons then i'd probably pick up a copy, but until then... Then again they might bring out something new that grabs my interest, which WILL happen at some point.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I didn't buy either. I'm not into dwarfs or tyranids at the moment. If it contained CSM or Daemons then i'd probably pick up a copy, but until then... Then again they might bring out something new that grabs my interest, which WILL happen at some point.
I was under the impression this was how it would work. You would only get the weekly editions that you wanted/needed and not every single edition.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm subbed to it, thinking of withdrawing it though, the visions was just AWEFUL, I wish they at least explained the pics/ models, like they do(did?) in the old format with the golden daemons...

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Kinda indifferent at the moment slightly interested in the idea of the change but so far disapointed less articles and a collections of photographs which could be found on the internet but are rendered in print form which is how i prefer my photos. Will give it a bit of time and read them for a couple of weeks then go back to only getting the occasional magazine which i was doing with the more recent change.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Interesting results, not much different for me on the magazine. I only read it 2-3 times a year.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
It's ok.

I'll be giving it a couple more issues before I decide on it being a (permanent) regular purchase though :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Picked up my first weekly one this week. It was ok.....not really into dwarves but was curious. It does have potential though. Had a flick through Visions in store and looked utter shite. Can see those types of pics online for free, I mean come on some were the same pic just zoomed in! Seems like a poor after thought.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
REANIMATION!!!
Ok, sorry for the necro but I wanted to ask a qui section that didn't need a whole new thread, and kinda links...
So, I'm subbed to white dwarf ATM, and I know it's now weekly but I haven't got an issue in weeks
So is the subscription only for the last issue of the month issue and visions? Or do I get all four and visions at the end of the month? Or should I get each one weekly, and is gw cocking up? I hope it's C or B, if it's A then I'm pissed...

·
Registered
992 Posts
Your White Dwarf subscription became a subscription for Warhammer Vision. The Weekly White Dwarf has no subscription options (for now)...you did receive a complimentary copy of WWD #1 as a current subscriber.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts