Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a promotion for the Start collecting Militarum Tempestus! Box.

Part of me is very interested in this but I have no idea how the Tempestus play. Is the general consensus good? They seem a little expensive when you can get twice as many space marines for roughly the same price as a box of their normal scions.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Hi. generally speaking imperial guard and scions are NOT competitive. And this comes from a guy that play chaos marines. so...
The starter box, however is really interesting. Two of those, an inquisitor and some grey knights could be a very fluffy and fun force to play and paint/model.
Even as a standalone, the box is quite interesting. About the price, don't forget that it comes with a vehicle!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. generally speaking imperial guard and scions are NOT competitive. And this comes from a guy that play chaos marines. so...
The starter box, however is really interesting. Two of those, an inquisitor and some grey knights could be a very fluffy and fun force to play and paint/model.
Even as a standalone, the box is quite interesting. About the price, don't forget that it comes with a vehicle!
Thanks, I was also interested in playing the Tempestus because I have a good amount of eisenkern stormtroopers and I thought they would proxy reasonably well.

With what I currently have going (an army that featured space marines, astra militarum, skitarii, ect) I thought they could add some more bodies to my all imperium army.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Thanks, I was also interested in playing the Tempestus because I have a good amount of eisenkern stormtroopers and I thought they would proxy reasonably well.

With what I currently have going (an army that featured space marines, astra militarum, skitarii, ect) I thought they could add some more bodies to my all imperium army.
Eisenkern troopers are just perfect for the proxie. I use some of them too :)
About adding to an existen imperium army: that's what they do. Usually deployed as "human space marines", they are the diamond tip of the imperial army. They will fit nicely. That box is calling you ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eisenkern troopers are just perfect for the proxie. I use some of them too :)
About adding to an existen imperium army: that's what they do. Usually deployed as "human space marines", they are the diamond tip of the imperial army. They will fit nicely. That box is calling you ;)
I think I might just have to buy it. I can use my guard / proxy guard as well as my numerous other proxy and non proxy minis to build a pretty nice looking army. Even if all these guard, scions, skitarii , adeptus astartes are not all a great combo together. Granted thinking about it I could get 100 space marines for roughly 110 dollars (not including shipping) In one sense it's ironic that space marines who are supposed to be the biggest imperial badasses are also some of the cheapest to get started with.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
In one sense it's ironic that space marines who are supposed to be the biggest imperial badasses are also some of the cheapest to get started with.
Also, in modern tabletop standards, they are disposable as commoin guardsman. In every game i have with marines on the board, at least 50 ot them die between me and my opponent :grin2:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
If there's one thing I would change about my mechanized Guard army it would be to add in some Scions to Deep Strike and cause a ruckuss. My buddy used to do that to me all the time back in the days of 5th edition and it was a very effective way of interfering with my plans. Sure they're just namby-pamby humans but that AP3 can be a real pain in the neck, not to mention their Objective grabbing potential.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I agree, great as elites in support of the slow moving guard, but pretty finicky to play as an independent army.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what I've heard everyone say is a good idea, I've yet to encounter anyone who thinks taking these guys on their own is a good idea.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
This is what I've heard everyone say is a good idea, I've yet to encounter anyone who thinks taking these guys on their own is a good idea.
The main reason for that is: how far can you go with three units and two transport/fast attack choices? I could see them being fun at 1k but playing a 2k match would be kinda boring and also not really the theme of the army at all (to me anyway).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts