Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To me they look a little broken cause dreadnoughts are really good at close combat against infantry but we can a berserk dreadnought and ive done the maths with real dice and I managed to do 10 more wounds and kill a whole squad of thousand sons by doing that many wounds what do you think.

·
Registered
494 Posts
As far as it goes within my gaming group, we only call them as "The hands of rape".

We agree that it will own anything that isn't AV 13 or Toughness 10 (which there is no model to my knowledge that has that)

Did you take into account that it can re-roll failed wounds as well as the extra dice for the raping isn't a re-roll that can also re-roll its failed to wound too?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did not ill have to do that later. btw there more like the CLAWS OF EXTREME RAPITUDE!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
thney are bad ass and very much needed. In one resent game i kept a venrable dreandought held up for almsot the entire game (from the top of 2 to the bottom of 6) as he jsut couldn't kill that many chaos marines. Y i lost all upo 1 mand (the one with IOG) but my 200pts unit had did there job and poped a landriader all ready and now they kept the dread away from my thousand sons which i didn't want in combat at all.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Blenderhands is pretty neat but you lose your ability to hurt many vehicles, they're not broken as it's fairly straight forward to deal with assuming you have some sort of anti-tank weaponry in your army.

Aramoro

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Well ive only recently gotten some of my Death Company list assembled ready for a tournament in 2 weeks but ive yet to use my Dread with Talons yet but ive done the math and the odds and seem to be rather killy of infantry unless you have horrible dice rolls.
But its not like its broken, since everything had a downside, maybe not deffrollas but still. In this case the weakness is anti tank barrages which will more than likley smach the dread to kingdom come.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Against Thousand Sons you get 4 attacks assuming you charge which will equate to 2/3 wounds which they will save half giving you 1/2 extra attacks. You should kill 2/3 Thousand Sons a round, it's not that deadly.

I think people really over estimate just how dangerous Blender Hands is. Throw him against a horde of Boyz and you'll kill 7 or 8 of them which is great but then he's just stuck there for a while.

Aramoro

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Against Thousand Sons you get 4 attacks assuming you charge which will equate to 2/3 wounds which they will save half giving you 1/2 extra attacks. You should kill 2/3 Thousand Sons a round, it's not that deadly.

I think people really over estimate just how dangerous Blender Hands is. Throw him against a horde of Boyz and you'll kill 7 or 8 of them which is great but then he's just stuck there for a while.

Aramoro
well intil the number drop down to below 10 and then the run way which would take 1-3 turns i would think. The sinple thing is they can't deal with armour and tho stronger than normal dread AV wise they still can't take much punishment. Alos there is currently no modal for lightning claws which means at the moment the number of people using them will go down untill a plastic Furiosos kit comes out with all 4 options (Death, Fist, Claw, Libby).

·
Registered
458 Posts
ive done the maths with real dice and I managed to do 10 more wounds and kill a whole squad of thousand sons
Rolling dice isn't doing the maths. This is doing the maths:

4 x 2/3 x 35/36 x 1/2 = 280/216 ~ 1.3

So one extra dig (it's wounds inflicted that gives extra digs innit?)

1 x 2/3 x 35/36 x 1/2 = 70/216 ~ 0.33

sooo, two-ish dead thousand sons. Very strange choice of target though.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
And then (assuming he caused a damaging hit with the power claw, not enough to destroy it) they take 6-7 armour saves from fearless wounds (which they fail). Next turn they do it again. That's most of a 30 man Ork squad dead in two combat rounds, next turn they'll break and run barring a lucky power claw hit (depending on how lucky you are with the talons, you might even break them on their turn).

And that's against more or less the worst possible target for him. When you play an army without horde units (such as CSM - Especially Nurgle based, or God forbid, Necrons) then it can rapidly eat far more than its points cost in elite infantry. Doubly true if it flies in first turn on a Storm Raven. I've seen it wipe entire 10-man power armoured squads off the board in one turn without difficulty. Depending on the models, that could be 200-350 points.

Yes, it has the usual weaknesses of a Dreadnought, i.e. AV12 and having to reach combat to be effective, but it's definitely one of the strongest units in the BA codex. If not THE strongest in terms of bang-for-buck.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Good old Blender Hands is AV13 not 12.

I don't doubt he is strong and against non-mechanised forces he's very strong. But thats against non-mechanised forces so a bit of a moot point really.

Aramoro

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
furisosos are. not death company.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Personally, I consider it to be a lot broken. No single model should have the possibility of outright killing (killing, not Sweeping Advance) 20 models. I know the odds are against it and yet I've lost a 20-man blob to one of these things.

Kinda odd that they took a similar item out of the Chaos codex way back when even tho it was a weaker version. And their reason for taking it out? It was 'overpowered'.................... And this isn't?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
death company have more attacks.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
They're in no way overpowered. In the Chaos Codex I believe it was possible to get all those attacks at a high str. as well(could be wrong, been a while) They're a lot of attacks yes but that's only good vs. infantry. Against vehicles they're much less effective. str. 6 is good but not reliable vs. vehicles, especially if they moved previously and you'd be an idiot to not move a vehicle with a dread that close by. Also there's the problem vs. small units. say you take out a 5 man marine squad in one turn, which is very easy with talons, you are now standing there with your side or rear armour facing something that will have no problem popping it. With fists you have a much better chance of killing off said 5 man in their turn so free shooting phase for the dread there. They have their downsides in being too effective too.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
But furiosos have armour 10 at the back death company have armour 12.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts