Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question about chaos terminators in CC. i run squads of 5 termis. with mark of nurgle and a single autocannon and powerfist. now in the previouos codex the "twin-linked bolter" aka "combi-bolter" was a 2 handed weapon. unless used by terminators or deamon princes. in the new codex they neglect to state weather or not its counted as a 1 handed or a 2 handed. if they count it as 1 handed then chaos terminators would get +1 attack for having 2 CCW. except the autocannon cuz no one likes him any ways. well ive been lookin and eveyone says no no no cuz the emperors says so... well damn him i need the truth lol

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Even though model wise they can wield these weapons one handed they still legally count as a two handed weapon just like the Imperial Storm Bolter. And despite what anyone says there is no "True Grit" left in the new chaos codex. No one has it, not even Nurgle/Death Guard. So sorry... no +1 Attack for additional CCW from a combi weapon or your TL bolter period.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
It counts as 1 handed but no extra attack
Actually all 1 handed weapons help to give an extra attack. If you have 2 of them then you get the attack, regardless of their type. The rule, wherever it is in the book refers to 1 handed weps, not to pistols and CCWs. Therefore we do need to know whether weapons are defined as 1 or 2 handed (though it seems that the devs have "forgotten" this).

There was a really big argument about whether the neural thingy that a callidus assassin has gives her an extra attack in CC, for example. Nobody could find a definition for how many hands it took. There is a lack of clarity for Tau crisis suit weapons as well as I recall.

Technically there may now be no definition of how many hands it takes to hold a variety of weapons from the new format books. I think the RAI would be that it wouldn't give an attack, while personally I think that it would make sense for all termies to be able to use their storm/combi bolters like pistols in CC.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Do you think its possible that the reason they have left out clarification of 1/2 handed is because they are going to do away with the distinction in 5th edition?? This is something that has kinda been creeping up on me and I just kinda started thinking that maybe they are moving away from the whole 2 1 handers = +1 attack and are possibly going to 2 weapons = +1 attack or doing away with the +1 attack all together and going to flat whats in the profile.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Do you think its possible that the reason they have left out clarification of 1/2 handed is because they are going to do away with the distinction in 5th edition?? This is something that has kinda been creeping up on me and I just kinda started thinking that maybe they are moving away from the whole 2 1 handers = +1 attack and are possibly going to 2 weapons = +1 attack or doing away with the +1 attack all together and going to flat whats in the profile.

I hope they don't do this, wouldn't it really be a big hit to Assault Units that get that extra bump from the two weapons? What would be the advantage of having a CCW/pistol combo?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Could be. On the other hand, if the chaos book is designed for 5th, then that contradicts your theory. It's full of models with a 2h and 2 1h weps that (currently) get an extra attack. If they are going to lose the attack in 6 months time then why bother now?

Also, the Tau and neural shredder issues have been around for years, long before they would have made this decision for 5th.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Yes they currently get the extra attack but if you look through all the wargear descriptions in the new codexs there are only 3 types of weapons now... Heavy, Ranged, and CCWs. Pistols are listed under Ranged. If you look through unit descriptions it never specifies the type of weapons they are picking just certain weapons may replace certain other weapons. Again new a core rule book would change the way the entire game is played. The units which are obviously HtH oriented have profiles which reflect that ergo Berserkers/Orks having 2A base. Now another possibilty is that they will say that if you HAVE a "close combat weapon" you get the extra attack. And that would also fit. All Im saying is that these new codexes allude (IMO) to a change in the way close combat is going to work in 5th edition.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey thanks guys i figured it wasnt going to be amazingly awsome for my termies but w.e there 30 pts each mwahahaha. thanks agian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts