Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I jokingly told a friend of mine I was going to paint my ork red with blue tiger stripped "face paint". He asked me if I was being sarcastic and after I thought about it for a moment, I realized I actually liked the idea. A back story for why they were red came to me in an instant as well, and I thought I'd share it and see what you thought.

Oomgdan, The Ork Genetkeziz
Oomgdan grew up on a desert world that had been the site of a failed Ork incursion. According to the old stories, the Orks had vastly outnumbered the local fauna, however the planet itself worked against them. This planet orbited very close to a red star, and the heat bearing down on its surface made conditions almost unbearable. Casualties mounted and eventually the bulk of the Orkish army had either died or moved on. Oomgdan was born on this planet many generations later in one of the small surviving Orkish spore colonies on the planet.

By the time Oomgdan was born, a strange breed of Pale 'Uns had begun spawning in the Orkish colonies. These Orks often had pale green or sometimes even brownish skin. Oomgdan himself was ever so slightly paler in skin tone than many of the older Orks, and he took an interest in what was causing the phenomenon. As time past, Oomgdan became a Big Mek and some of his Ork brethren were born with even stronger skin discolorations. There were pale Orks, then brown Orks, then orange and even red orks.

The red Orks survived better than green orks did. Their skin reflected more of the dangerous radiation emitted by their star away and so they were more energetic and less likely to fall to heat stroke. Oomgdan was fascinated by this and with the help of his friend, a painboy named Bonesnappa, he conducted an experiment.

Oomgdan's "experiment" involved leading all the Red 'Uns into battle against the Greenies, killing and burning all of them. Many years later, Oomgdan would come to see an entire race of hardier Red 'Uns that could not only survive better, but flourish on their harsh desert world. In his excitement, he'd wish he would have left the Warboss alive to show him the results.

Hoping to prove what a good "Genetkeziz" he is, Oomgdan has gone off to find other Orks to show them his discovery. They often misunderstand when he says "Da Red 'Uns iz Better", which always ends up involving a "demonstration" of his point.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Should get double speed compared to greenies.

RED VUNS GO FASTER!

I approve of this mutant fungus.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think my opponents would approve too much if I moved my ork boyz an extra inch, but I'll run it by them (^_^)

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Wouldn't it be a kick if it was reversed. Paint all your vehicles green, and when asked why, say because the red Orks believe "da green wunz go fasta".

Fervently refuse to let your opponent's red vehicles move an extra inch, saying that your Orks believe the red wunz DONT go fasta, thus nullifying the effect of the green ones believing they do.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Interesting metaphysical issues arise when reddites and greenies clash. Waaagh fields canceling eachother out.

What's even more hillarious is when a group of blu boyz end up being hyper-intelligent... and are quickly hunted down by EVERYTHING out of spite... or sport.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts