Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone roleplay online, managed to sort out some free time at last but cant find any groups to join in swindon. So anyone know any good online sites or boards to meet on?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I find rping awkward.

I did it once in a 40k boarding party-style scenario. It was fun, i guess, but i am very picky.

Some people just can not articulate themselves, or come up with logical solutions, etc.

But, we could use our very own chat for a rp session if need be.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find its the roleplaying rather than the dice rolling thats most rewarding, so plain combat situations can lack a bit. Plus some of the best times I or any of the groups ive played with have had are when people dont come up with the logical answer or articulate themselves properly and the the ensuing cock up that follows!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
theres quite a bit of software out at the moment to automate dice and player stats etc and i think theres still a host site which puts all of it in one place ill have to dig it out

40k sounds cool although it would have to be someone else running it, ive been out of this for far too long now! If you were up for another game world if be up for running something.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If ya'll ever get something like this up and running, I'd be interested in joining in. If you'd have me. *bats eyelashes* Anything 40K or WFB would be marvelous.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
were trying to sort out the system to use at the moment, Jezlad is looking at hosting it on here so were just waiting for him to let us know then its just a case of mugging everyone at the same time

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Well,that is different to me.

The whole stats thing will need to be explained.

I just like havign a scenario, and one person types his bit, then next next plays off it, then the next, etc.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Ok i've found the daddy online roleplay client.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/

I have a working snied copy of version 1 which i'll send to you guys if you want. I've had a test of it and in a word - AWESOME. Basically the host creates the game then the players link to it with their copy of the client.

It looks like a real table, has nice ambient light touches - night, day, woods etc. You can whisper each other and add moods to the way you speak with the /m command ie:-

Jezlad (anxious) - I don't like the look of this guys.

or

Jezlad (excited) - Turn up the music it's funboy time!

It's made by wizards of the coast and actually has all the rules and creature types of D&D v3.5. It uses the D20 version as standard.
You can display maps and edit them with the virtual editter (I havent tested this one yet), the dice are actually rolls on the table!
Basically its an online RPG table, and I have a copy :p
If we go ahead and start an online RPG I think we'll need a new forum with character sheets etc visible on it.

Who wants to test it out with me?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fantasy grounds?

Yeah i tried it and thought it was free. How vain

·
Registered
389 Posts
sounds like u guys are having trouble
if u figure it out id love to rp with you all
( i play D&D alot) ther rp not the computer game lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'd need help if i did, though i prefer rping without dice things, who know....... if someone needs to disappear for a while or don't want to continue, they can give their man a reason for leaving (or woman)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new here. First post, in fact. kinda funny that I came here looking to find out about the 40K tabletop game and end up on a roleplaying thread as an intro, but here goes:

I have been spending well over a month preparing to run the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying v2 game. I've dug through every nook and cranny that I could find to get more info and learned that Dark Heresy the WH40K rpg is soon to be openly distributed. So I started the process over again with 40K, from n00b to enthusiast.

There are good alternatives to Fantasy Grounds when it comes to online roleplaying, but I have decided to use the freeware RPGTools suite of Maptool and Dicetool along with Skype to make the experience as close to playing at an actual table as possible. The software is available here.

I've enjoyed gaming for over twenty years both freeform and with rules and I do have to say I enjoy the WH world about the most. I'd be glad to teach any newcomers any of the Black Industries games, although I admit to not currently possessing a copy of DH for the next month or so. I do have a hack using the first set of WHF rules which allow me to run scenarios in 40K until then. My yahoo messenger is the same as my handle here, feel free to message with any questions. The WFRP game will be starting in a few weeks, but I can run a 40K RPG along with it if there is enough interest.

No knowledge of the rules are necessary. I can teach anyone everything they need to know. Your knowedge of the setting is a bigger bonus to me. On most other forums, I would have to introduce folks to that first, but to be posting here, I assume anyone would have to love some aspect of WH first.

If all else fails, I would even be up for running some old standard Rogue Trader scenarios as there was plenty of roleplaying there :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts