Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just very quickly, what colour would you undercoat BA with, Black or White? Thanks in advance! :thankyou:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Could do either one. There'll be less shading with white, but you can still get some good results with a really bright red.

Over white give the mini a coat of blood red (watered down) then give it a brown ink. Highlight with Blood red afterwards.

Over black, you'd need to work it up. Start with Mechrite Red as a base.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Not the same army but similar paint scheme; but here is how I did my Khorne Berserkers. Black undercoat, Malachite Red, Highlight with Blood red. Paint on Red ink then highlight with Blood red again. Finally I think I used a "dusting" of blaze orange or firey orange just on the most raised edges.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Its depends on what type of feel you want for your army...I play Flesh Tearers and have used both styles. Understand white gives you a vibrant look to your model, while black gives you a dark gloomy look to the model. You could try both and see which one is easier/cooler for you.

If you do black I would use the Mech Red, line in the recesses with watered down brown ink, high light w/blood red, highlight with blood red/orange mix(50/50). Then to top it off hit the model with a watered down red ink for a nice glaze finishing with a spray of dull coat.

As for white I think Bloodhound pretty much summed it up!!! God luck bro...

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I'd agree with Bloodhound about the white undercoat, only I'd shade/wash with thinned-down brown paint (I like scorched brown) - I'm painting BA at the moment and have been using a white undercoat. I think it looks great.

On the other hand, my son thinks the colour's way to bright. Meh. Can't win em all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did a 5man squad with a pink undercoat the other day (was short on white and wanted to do them right away) also comes up very bright lol yes depends do u want your BA's to look like
A) mean & gloomy, black undercoat
or
B) stand out & bright, white undercoat

could even use this to your advantage if u want certain models to stand out more take some hits while others hopefully get unnoticed us your opponent makes a rash move as he feels the pressure of a BA army coming at him (cause everyone should fear BA's lol)
thats probably pushing it but hey never hurts to try lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts