Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Closet Dictator
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Another wee plog update just to prove I am putting paint on plastic! A couple of terminators w.i.p, all the same, these will all be storm bolter and power fist armed, with the sgts and heavy weapon guys being different to stand out.

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
Okay a wee update with a little w.i.p on my landraider, waiting on the redeemer weapon sprue to arrive

Really diggin' the hazard strips (actually chevrons if my eyes aren't deceiving me!) around the LR front ramp. Think I'm gonna have to borrow that idea for my next LR!

·
Closet Dictator
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Really diggin' the hazard strips (actually chevrons if my eyes aren't deceiving me!) around the LR front ramp. Think I'm gonna have to borrow that idea for my next LR!
Thanks Wookie, to be honest they are completely superfluous but I did it just to break up the model and it seems to have paid off, so think I'll set it as a theme throughout the burgeoning force!

·
Closet Dictator
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Another we status update, limited progress all around with my plog, real life being what it is, here are some tacticals I'm working on,

And the other 3, with a wee practice conversion on bringing the arms up to a line of sight shooting position,

Hope to have some more substantial work done soon

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Good to see you again Oldman, those marines and terminators way up top don't look too far away from being able to make it onto a tabletop in painted, completed glory.

·
Closet Dictator
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Good to see you again Oldman, those marines and terminators way up top don't look too far away from being able to make it onto a tabletop in painted, completed glory.
Cheers pal, the poor photography hides a lot of tidying up that need doing but I'm getting there!

·
Closet Dictator
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Okay a lot of tidying up and highlighting to do, also I have brass etched eagles to add to the hip plates, plus I have to add my own chapter symbol to the power fist and right shoulder pad, but this is the general look i'm going for, the storm bolter is done in a real world color scheme being green and black, naturally I'll wing in a few extra purity seals and such,

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Looking very nice so far mate! :good:

·
Closet Dictator
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thank you gents, @Khorne's Fist the crux is a forgeworld pad with lots of detail making it great to paint and I used mechanicus standard grey, washed with badab black and highlighted with dawnstone and ulthuan greys

·
Closet Dictator
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Huzzah, bits arrived today from Blood and Skulls Industry (eBay/Facebook), must say very happy with the quality of the bits and the service, I would advise any tread heads to check them out! I ordered some engine parts for my Shadowsword as I thought exhausts on the G.W model were too puny looking and wanted something that looked beefier and more like the Arkurion version by F.W which has a more impressive engine, and because I ordered more than 4, -I ordered 6- I got the engine mounting plate thrown in, very nice! Pics of the minor conversions on the Shadowsword soon! Here is the mounting plate and 2 of the exhaust stacks.

·
Closet Dictator
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
A few pics of the progress on the shadowsword,
1) back plate and engine cover and commanders cupola removed

2) new engine cover made of plasticard and 2 rhino doors to look like more realistic enging deck with vents

3)engine deck looking better with paint:p

4)close up of the newly raised commanders cupola, thought this would make it look more realistic

5)profile of tank showing raised cupola and cannon barrel with fume extractor filed away, to excensuate the barrel and make it look more like the forgeworld version

·
8,723 Posts
*whistles Ride of the Valkyries...*

Looking good! :good:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
A few pics of the progress on the shadowsword,

4)close up of the newly raised commanders cupola, thought this would make it look more realistic

You asked for a critique so here it is.

Mind you this is just my initial impression........ looking at it cold with non pre-judicial eye.

The turret looks fine but I would have gone for a hexagonal shape to match the facets of the hull. Then a few thin plates to add definition to the cupola and more than a few rivets to mimic the superstructure.

Don't sell yourself short on ability you seem to have ample. The secret of the FW models is the ''over the top'' detail.

·
Closet Dictator
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
@Blackadder thank you! I had thought of building up the turret hatch the same shape as the plate it sits on, and may revisit this, also your scratch build storm hammer has me thinking of extending the engine block a little.
@Tawa ride of the valkyries is a great idea, a lot better than chitty chitty bang bang, my original choice

·
8,723 Posts

·
Closet Dictator
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Well friends an almost complete mini from me, apart from tidying and varnish also sporting my first attempt at sculpting my homebrew chapter symbol, it is meant to be a tower

And the symbol, poor pic was from my phone

41 - 60 of 130 Posts