Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I had never thought about using gauze to make ghillie suits...... its looks great on those scouts.

I really like the pred turret with the camera lens & stubbier autcannon

keep up the good work :good:

·
Closet Dictator
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
A wee update for the plog, got me a vehicle laager going on here, to be honest I should be painting up troops and termies but the vehicles are quicker and I need to clear work space!! Used Army Painter Alien Purple spray, very impressed with the product, good even coverage and the paint goes on very well

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'd like to second the love for the turret - cool concept and great execution. I suppose it's not as identifiable as the pred turret but it's unique and looks awesome - that's the main thing!

Some weathering is definetly neede to break up the colours, but the paint job is really solid :victory:

·
Closet Dictator
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for the kind words folks, @Varakir, weathering will be down the road a bit as my painting is not up to it at the moment, need to do some practicing :grin:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Thanks for the kind words folks, @Varakir, weathering will be down the road a bit as my painting is not up to it at the moment, need to do some practicing :grin:
Try a test using the sponge method - my weathering is far from top notch but i have been very impressed by the decent results you can get by haphazardly sponging on some dirt :)

·
Closet Dictator
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Another wee update of incomplete minis, this is a bunch of terminators that I will be working on, thanks to @bitsandkits and my own stash of terminators I have 10 that have the same body and legs, these will be a "bulking" force all armed with storm bolters and power fists and a couple of chainfists. Heavy weapon and sgts will be different to stand out but I'll individualize these guys with purity seals etc and I have forgeworld shoulder pads.

·
Closet Dictator
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Always a fan og ghilli snipers and i think you've pulled these off nicely. Can you put up a photo of them in terrain?
unfortunately not a plog update but I am working on minis, I promise!! anywhoo a long time ago I was asked to show my snipers in some terrain so while doing some gardening at the behest of "she who must be obeyed" I took a sneeky break to do a wee photo shoot and show the ghillie suits, personally I'm very happy with the result, it is far from perfect but close enough for my level of painting.

a wee airial photo

and a slightly above and side on shot

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Mate that is brilliant! Also, that shale looks surpriingly good as table top rocky rubble, i think i will have a look into it...

Inspiring work, and thanks for the update!

·
Closet Dictator
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Mate that is brilliant! Also, that shale looks surpriingly good as table top rocky rubble, i think i will have a look into it...
Thank you all for the kind words, @Iraqiel, I have the minis sitting on slate pieces, that I had sitting in plant pots, really a great material for bases and diaromas. I have used the G.W slate on my minis bases, in my head I want my chapters fortress monastery be located out on some highland plateau that they have scorched and blasted in all directions leaving a bleak and desolate landscape and want to try and reflect that on the models

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Sounds like a very grim and forboding battlefield, i look forward to seeing a table like that if you get the chance!

·
Closet Dictator
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Sounds like a very grim and forboding battlefield, i look forward to seeing a table like that if you get the chance!
Hahaha no pressure there mate, i can barely get a tac marine painted let alone do a board, but maybe........NO bad Oldman, focus! Okay a wee update with a little w.i.p on my landraider, waiting on the redeemer weapon sprue to arrive

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Damn but you're getting good Andy. The snipers are excellent, I strained my eyes trying to make them out in the overhead shot.

On the LR, the hazard stripes on the assault ramp look great. I've always had trouble keeping them even, so much so that I gave up putting them on stuff. The weathering on it looks very realistic. Well done mate. keep it up.

·
Closet Dictator
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Damn but you're getting good Andy. The snipers are excellent, I strained my eyes trying to make them out in the overhead shot.

On the LR, the hazard stripes on the assault ramp look great. I've always had trouble keeping them even, so much so that I gave up putting them on stuff. The weathering on it looks very realistic. Well done mate. keep it up.
Thank you both for the kind words and the sweet sweet rep (I'm a closet cross dressing rep whore!) Mate the hazards are not great close up to be honest, it was a last minute job last night, a base of tau cept ochre, then drew rough stripes with a pencil, used the old citadel black ink with a fine brush to mark out the black stripes as it goes on easier and neater than black paint, sunburst yellow over the ochre, then very light drybrush with abbadon black and then lead belcher, I'm happy with the result but the weathering and distance make it look better than it is.

·
Closet Dictator
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Another wee w.i.p, I liked making my other landraider so much I forgot everything else and started the other one I had gathering dust,they really are great center piece models, and am trying painting before assembling, and today ordered x2 redeemer/crusader sprues!

·
Closet Dictator
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Wee plog update, because I have not enough to do,and because I have neglected my plastic crack for way too long! I have a wee shadowsword I'm making up, was gonna be a stormlord but just could not say no to a big barrel cannon (take that as you will)

And because of torealis and veteran sergeant, I'm having a crack at some tall scale marines, I've just lenghtened the legs on a few hacked up and badly stripped marines,sloppy work but just want to test the waters, had a few casualties along the way!!!

21 - 40 of 130 Posts