Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Old-school power axe

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  hungryugolino 
#1 ·
Any ideas how to convert a plastic power axe into the ones the metal librarians and older miniatures have? Was there a plastic version?

The axe looked like the axe in this and the power axes in DOW 2:
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7334/relic00073.jpg.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Yeah, I know about the Assault box. I did do my research. :wink:

I was asking about the detail towards the top; the positioning of the power box thingy and the second blade on the back.

I'm hoping to have a perfect match for Captain Diomedes. Even down to that level of detail.

#6 · (Edited)
Ok, well you'll want one of these. Two, if you want it to be most accurate (use the second one to make the axe-blade symmetrical). You could use something like this for the back blade. Probably you'll have to use greenstuff for the top connector part, although something like a melta bomb would make a good base (just greenstuff around it). Finally, almost everything chaos comes with spikes (although the vehicle arrays like this give you a nice selection). Hope I've been helpful!

#11 ·
Bit Chaosy, and metal too...

It does look nice though. Thanks!

Bitsandkits: Thanks! That's almost exactly what I want...

Just need to shave off the Angel-y bits and the Sanguinary guard hand...

Any ideas about how to do it with the standard power axe? Where could I get guitar wire?

#12 ·
Any ideas about how to do it with the standard power axe? Where could I get guitar wire?
Have you tried a guitar shop? :grin:

If you don't have a music shop, ebay is pretty good.

I think you should have a good read through the modelling tutorials to get some ideas and inspiration. You seem to have a really strong vision about what you want, but you will definitely need to dabble into converting if you want to pull it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.