Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know about the Assault box. I did do my research. :wink:

I was asking about the detail towards the top; the positioning of the power box thingy and the second blade on the back.

I'm hoping to have a perfect match for Captain Diomedes. Even down to that level of detail.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you cut off the blade of the Power Axe in the Assault Marine box (gluing it on higher), greenstuff on the back blade and the top, and then glue a spike on, it should look pretty similar. Sorry that I can't give an identical bit.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. Thank you.

My green-stuff skills aren't quite good enough to give the level of accuracy/detail I want.

Can you give a specific procedure/bitz to use for a more conventional conversion?

Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok, well you'll want one of these. Two, if you want it to be most accurate (use the second one to make the axe-blade symmetrical). You could use something like this for the back blade. Probably you'll have to use greenstuff for the top connector part, although something like a melta bomb would make a good base (just greenstuff around it). Finally, almost everything chaos comes with spikes (although the vehicle arrays like this give you a nice selection). Hope I've been helpful!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hm...

I just found an axe on the Black Templar sprue. Any advice as to how I might use that one to make the axe?

EDIT:

Yeah, I know, but I'm no good with metal. Hoping to replicate it with plastic bitz if possible.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bit Chaosy, and metal too...

It does look nice though. Thanks!

Bitsandkits: Thanks! That's almost exactly what I want...

Just need to shave off the Angel-y bits and the Sanguinary guard hand...

Any ideas about how to do it with the standard power axe? Where could I get guitar wire?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Any ideas about how to do it with the standard power axe? Where could I get guitar wire?
Have you tried a guitar shop? :grin:

If you don't have a music shop, ebay is pretty good.

I think you should have a good read through the modelling tutorials to get some ideas and inspiration. You seem to have a really strong vision about what you want, but you will definitely need to dabble into converting if you want to pull it off.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah...good for everything from librarian hoods to power axe cables. I really need some of that stuff... :p

Anyway, any suggestions for the back bit of the axe in the OP?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts