Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago I heard that in the old school Kill Team, you could buy individual models, instead of whole units, so your list could look something like:
1 Lychgaurd with Sword and shield
1 Lychgaurd with Warscythe
1 Deathmark
1 Wraith with Whipcoils
3 Immortals

Does anyone know where I can find those rules? or Just know what they where?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
They were in the old rule book, I know they were definitely in 4th ed, not sure about 5th.

The aim was that one player had small covert team and the other controlled a for of grunts that they had limited control over until an alarm was raised.

The kill team had to sneak in complete their mission and sneak out, preferably alive

·
Registered
275 Posts
3rd ed. is the rule set i know of, could be 4th but id put my money on 3rd.

·
Registered
119 Posts
4th Edition Rulebook, pages 214-229 has rules for kill team.
Couldn't find them in the 3rd Edition Rulebook, can't find my 5th Edition to check it.

·
Registered
992 Posts
My LGS is getting ready to run a Kill Team league that is a bit of a mix of the older rules and the newer rules. You can buy individual models, but special weapons and such are limited by squad restrictions. So for example, if you can only buy one special weapon per 5 models in a unit you would have to buy 10 models from that unit to gain 2 special weapons. There are some other restrictions on multi-wound models and High AV vehicles.

Here is a link to the rules we are using.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Alright. So its 4th. 3rd had things to make the game a bit different. Like low grav and high grav, acidic world ect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts