Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The voices told me to....
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Been a few years since I last frequented the forums and a few since I last rolled a dice on a tabletop hoping for better than 1s

Anyway, I’m wanting to get back into things…
Especially as I see that hopefully warhammer fantasy is looking to make a comeback!!!! Age of sigmar didn’t attract me, I like pitched battles with ranks of troops.

however, until it comes back, I’m hoping to have a bash at 40k. Always wanted an imperial guard army and now seems a good time to start.

what’s the rules cycle like at the moment? I.e they used to change every four years - is that still the case and if so, where are we on the cycle?

I’m eager to get a few models and get started on some painting - any recommendations on something I’ll end up using when building an army? Was thinking a heavy weapons squad or something like that.

anyway, look forward to the advice. Im years and years out of date with my knowledge

·
Registered
6 Posts
At the moment, we're at 9th edition. It was released in July 2020. Most people still play 8e though, if that's what you're into.

·
Thordis
2,442 Posts
Hi all.
Been a few years since I last frequented the forums and a few since I last rolled a dice on a tabletop hoping for better than 1s

Anyway, I’m wanting to get back into things…
Especially as I see that hopefully warhammer fantasy is looking to make a comeback!!!! Age of sigmar didn’t attract me, I like pitched battles with ranks of troops.

however, until it comes back, I’m hoping to have a bash at 40k. Always wanted an imperial guard army and now seems a good time to start.

what’s the rules cycle like at the moment? I.e they used to change every four years - is that still the case and if so, where are we on the cycle?

I’m eager to get a few models and get started on some painting - any recommendations on something I’ll end up using when building an army? Was thinking a heavy weapons squad or something like that.

anyway, look forward to the advice. Im years and years out of date with my knowledge
welcome back into the swing! I've been gone for a little bit myself. If anything with Imperial guard, you can never go wrong with tanks. but also Infantry squads are the workhorse of your forces for capturing objectives etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is a very useful post. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts