Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i have 2 of the old necron destroyers
the ones that look like a necron sitting in one of those floating pool lounge rafts
and I am wondering what should i use them for? I was thinking of using them as Heavy Destroyers as I can take just one or two of those in a squad and regular destroyers you have to have at least 3. I dont know do you think anyone would have any problems with me running them as Heavy Destroyers. I would love to get 3 more to make a full squad but they only have 2 for sale on ebay and the guy has a buy it now for almost 50 dollars hell for that much i could almost buy a 5 man squad of the new sexy ones.

also I was thinking of running the old metal warriors as Immortals cause they are hunched over more and have wider shoulders I have 15 or 20 of those. I have 40 of the new plastic ones and they are like night and day to each other even though they are supose to be the same thing.

Are their any old school necron players out there and if so what did you do with your first necrons? did you incorporate them into the new army? If so how did you do it? I really want to use them so any advise is appreciated

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
so i have 2 of the old necron destroyers
the ones that look like a necron sitting in one of those floating pool lounge rafts
and I am wondering what should i use them for? I was thinking of using them as Heavy Destroyers as I can take just one or two of those in a squad and regular destroyers you have to have at least 3. I dont know do you think anyone would have any problems with me running them as Heavy Destroyers. I would love to get 3 more to make a full squad but they only have 2 for sale on ebay and the guy has a buy it now for almost 50 dollars hell for that much i could almost buy a 5 man squad of the new sexy ones.

also I was thinking of running the old metal warriors as Immortals cause they are hunched over more and have wider shoulders I have 15 or 20 of those. I have 40 of the new plastic ones and they are like night and day to each other even though they are supose to be the same thing.

Are their any old school necron players out there and if so what did you do with your first necrons? did you incorporate them into the new army? If so how did you do it? I really want to use them so any advise is appreciated
Take some photos, that'll help us know what you're on about.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i was thinking of attaching some of those green bars to beef up the gun a little and help them to blend in with the rest of the army.
ok I feel a little better now. I hate when GW does this.
are these types of models accepted in tournys as they are 100% GW models?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I used the old Warriors as Immortals - they look so much more chunky that modern Warriors.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
yeah i was thinking of attaching some of those green bars to beef up the gun a little and help them to blend in with the rest of the army.
ok I feel a little better now. I hate when GW does this.
are these types of models accepted in tournys as they are 100% GW models?
As long as it's clear what they are, there shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I used the flying base part of them as a surf board for my necron lord. He surfs upon a sea of scarabs, surprisely it came out very well and he gets quite a few comments from my opponents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts