Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - quick question

Do you think that Ogryn would work as Heavy Bolter Combat Servators in a DH retenue?

·
Registered
598 Posts
i think its ok, but the bases need to be the similar size
i actually asked about something similar to this at my GW a while ago
they said as long as it contain the same weapons and base size, its ok
well, my memory could be poor, but i doubt it

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
You can call them Praetorian combat servitors (they are known to use mindscrubbed/cloned ogryns for some servitors) with HBs.

You can put them on bigger bases (not illegal). You would have to add some bionic type gubbins (greenstuff some extra 'muscles' and add guitar strings for cables). Us aussies had a write-up in WD that had an AM force that had ogryn HW servitors and converted up guardsman skitarii - I'm not sure if anyone else saw it (local content stuff) internationally - apart from NZ.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
I don't see any reason why not. Did you see the plasma servator in the modeling section? Sentinel legs + plascannon + a whole other model holding the controlls.

Make it whatever you want, dude. An ogryn (particularly a bone 'ead) holding, say, the Scout or Chaos heavy bolter would look freaking fantastic.

Go for it. Make it whatever you like. Just so long as you treat it as Size 2 and arm it appropriately, there;s no issues.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Yeah you can use the larger base without any issues as said before and just so long as you make it look like there are bionics around it shoudnt be a problem. I have a friend who uses Orks and models them up like brainwashed servitors.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers guys - I think I may have phrased the question wrong. What I meant was Warrior Henchmen in a retenue not exclusivly a Combat Servator. So let me rephrase:

Would Ogryn as Heavy Bolter Warrior Henchmen work?

Just as a side note I'm using a IG heavy weapon team for the Plasma Cannon Warrior. So the entire retenuie is 'counts as'

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Even just straight as an Ogryn, which I think was the original intent... I don't see why that'd be bad. I think that you probably ought to model them to have heavy bolters for the sake of argument, but beyond that, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use 'em. The new models are gorgeous (for Ogryns), after all.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
I only suggested a bone 'ead because I doubted an inquisitor would have the patience for an unaugmented ogryn servant.

Yeah, as long as it's got a base the same sizr or *larger* than the model it represents, and has the right equipment or representation thereof, it;s just fine.

Inquisitors were made for weird models and counts as.

I saw a WH inquisitor with three Heavy Bolter-equipped Sisters of Battle (he used helmetless heads and did some filing and GSing on the thighs and upper arms to make them look like they're covered in cloth rather than armour sao as not to confuse someone as to their save value.)

Don't forget there's also some great Necromunda gangers with HBs and plascannons (and stubbers which can count as HBs pretty easily)

I think an all ogryn bodyguard would be cool. They;d make great combat servators too ;-)

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea I was thinking of going with the Bonehead to start with and then maybe convert up the guy with the ripper gun behind his head because of the style factor.

·
Registered
250 Posts
you can use what ever you like for a proxie as long as your opponent knows whats going on. there have been many armies thru the years that have made use of some off the wall models to repesent other things. i think a bone 'ead with a heavy bolter would rock. i use some old necromonda heavies for my DH army. they fit the fluff on my inqisitor and how he assembled his retinue perfectly. none of my opponents had a problem with the figs after i told them what the were. so use what you like , it's an inqisitor he doent have to explain anything.:so_happy: as long as your opponents know whats up, have fun.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I say that anything that can easily represent the standard model is a good thing. Ogryns can work well, and the models can fit on a small round, so it's no problem, there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts