Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
439 Posts
So this cropped up in another thread and I thought I would move it here- its an interesting topic and certainly one for the rules thread
- T/S

For this reason I've been coming up with some new tactics for re-casting magic onto myself... and letting my opponent's cleverness work against them: many are letting me have good buffs early in the game assuming I'll forget about them and they can simply dispel them when I reach combat. Well I'm going to graciously accept that buff, giving me protection from magic/shooting right up until I charge... then just when my opponents think they can reveal their tactic and dispel my buff I cast the same buff at the same unit...
I hate to throw a monkey wrench in your tactical engine, but you aren't allowed to cast a Remains in Play spell if it is still in play from a previous turn. It has to be ended voluntarily or dispelled before you can cast it again.

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see your point. I missed the "If yes,..." part of the FAQ linking the two questions together, so you can see my train of thought if you read it like I did.

"Q: Are the Gut Magic spells treated as Remains in Play spells cast with a power lvl. of 7?
A: Yes"

In any case, that severely throws into question why they errata'ed out the fifth paracraph, that mentions them being "Unlike Remains in Play spells..." as well as the restriction that each unit could only have one gut magic spell on it at a time.

Unless I'm missing something (again), that means you' could effectively double and triple up on spells, making Ogres +2, +3, or even +4 T if the opponent doesn't dispel the buffs. This is why I thought they were intended to be Remains in Play, to avoid heinously breaking Gut Magic. However, RAW don't agree with me.

@ Durzod: If you have Skaven too, you might want to check out my thread on 8e Skaven //www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66611

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.