Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm fairly new to Fantasy, having only played two or three games.I've got a 1000pt+ force of Orcs and Goblins, which is just BfSP with a unit of Orcs, a BSB and a Boar-Mounted Big Boss. That army was to get to grips with the rules and testing the rules/what type of army I wanted. Now I know that I would like in an army:

Movement: This really started to annoy me with OnG.
Leadership: I hate Animosity. I also hate it when my units run off randomly, before being run down.
Close Combat: This is a really interesting stage of the game for my.
Magic: That's what makes Fantasy different from 40K, in my eyes.

I'm a fairly good painter, and I'm thinking of getting a new army which will be my main one. Using the great thread here on Heresy I've taken down the chooses to two: Ogre Kingdoms and Daemons of Chaos. I have had a little experience painting Daemons, and Ogres look kinda hard to do, but Ogres seem slightly better at some things... *looks at Leadbelchers and smiles...*

Can anyone give me advice on which would suit me better? And can anyone share with me some experience with either of the two armies?

Thanks,
Midnight

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Great, I'll save up to buy the book for either but ultimately, wait until the new rules are out.

Midnight

EDIT: Looking at the models/background, I like the look of Ogres a bit more. Has anyone got any tips on painting them? I'm not good with grey. There is a guide on GW but like most of their guides it produces so-so results while trying to get you to buy 50000 paints to do a foot.

ANOTHER EDIT: Hang on, 8th Ed. ogres are looking like they are being toned down BIGTIME. Ah well, back to painting green...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts