Heavy amour

Rare unit
Gnoblar scrap launcher

Giant

Stonehorn

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Bruiser- pistols are a petty poor option on a bruiser, his low BS means that you'll be hitting on 5s at best, add in moving and long range and its 7s. I can't even remember whatwallcrusher does if I'm honest: I wrote all the big names off as overpriced and useless (even worse then it was in the last book).

Butcher- give him a scroll, there will always be that 1 spell you just need to disappear.

Bulls- I would combine them into 1 unit; I've found units of 6 just don't have the punch to beat nay big/hoard unit they find.

Ironguts- 5 just isn't enough, they're striking last and you'll be surprised how little T4 5+ save protects you. I would say 7-8 is the minimum you want to be fielding. Make use of their potential to take a magic banner: standard of discipline is great by itself but add the general in to this unit and you've got a Ld9 bubble

Gnoblars- they're kinda cool... but ultimately pretty useless. Their throwing weapons are easily worst in the game, rarely hitting and almost never wounding anything and then you've got S2 units in combat. Even buffed by your butcher they're still pretty rubbish. If you want to use them I would combine both units and concentrate on kepping them in range of the general and buffing them with regen and/or +1T at leats that way they'll work as a pretty nice tarpit...

Leadbelchers- fine unit, but you don't really need the champ

Maneaters- I would only take 1-2 great weapons and give the others AHW or pistols for the extra attacks, S5 is already enough against most things and the higher initiative is nice... but they still only have T4 5+ so they'll die at the first sign of enemy attacks (shame really because they're a lot of fun).

Scrap launcher- fun but not as good as an ironblaster... personally I don't own an ironblater and have used my scraplauncher a lot and haven't been too worried by the loss of effectiveness.

Giant- they're utterly crap... having said that they can be hilarious. I used one for a very long time back in the old dex but the increase in ld really didn't offset the points increase on what was already an over-expensive model.

Stonehorn- love them or hate them... I love mine. There might be better options but they'll rip apart enemies who don't respect them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You'd have to drop one Rare choice to fit the points on. Make the Gnobblars Trappers and a magic standard on the Ironguts to use up the extra points.

I'd always take a Lv3/4 Slaughtermaster too.

Nice mixture though and hope you enjoy Ogres :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts