Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I played in a tournament at my local G.W. store today. I went in and handed my army list to the guy running it and told him I was playing Salamanders. He asked me if I had my army rules with me. I responded by waving around the Space Marine codex I was holding. He said, "No, the Salamanders codex. There's an official one online."

So, naturally having an army of bright green amphibian marines, I was vary curious to see these rules. But apparently my interneting skills are not as adept as I had previously thought, or the rules just don't exist. Has any one heard of these? Know where to find them? Willing to help me look? And they need to be official.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
where on earth is your local GW? how did they employ him? Either he's an idiot, or he's a dick and is messing with you. Salamaders are a codex:SM chapter, there is no online codex.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
No official one... hes probably thinking Blood Angels which do have an online available codex at this time. You were robbed of a good game I think... go back and slap him.

·
Registered
129 Posts
There's an official Salamanders "Codex" in the second war for Armageddon book. They have some cool librarian powers, some items that are now in the C: SM book and 1 point of initiative removed. However, I think that was all superseded by C: SM, and either way, so long as you are within the codex rules it doesn't matter what you call your army.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
on page 45 of the marine codex is a list of chapters of legend which includes your salamanders and the chapter traits that apply so there is no need for an official or non official codex its all in the core book.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's an official Salamanders "Codex" in the second war for Armageddon book. They have some cool librarian powers, some items that are now in the C: SM book and 1 point of initiative removed. However, I think that was all superseded by C: SM, and either way, so long as you are within the codex rules it doesn't matter what you call your army.
Yes, I'm aware of that codex but it's now out of date. I almost played them back then because I loved their color scheme but the minus one initiative really turned me off.

NeilBatte said:
on page 45 of the marine codex is a list of chapters of legend which includes your salamanders and the chapter traits that apply so there is no need for an official or non official codex its all in the core book.
Yes, that's what my army list was based around. I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the replies, everyone. I had to look, that would have been pretty cool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Am i correct in assuming that the Salamanders have no successor chapter.

Also do Slamander Chapter Company's follow the Company Lay out i.e 6 ten man Tactical Squads, 2 ten man Assault Squads, 2 ten man heavy Support Squads

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I don't know if you are correct in assuming that the Salamanders have no successor chapters. There are none listed in the Codex list of the Legions, but my assumption has always been that this means the records are "missing" in the 42nd Millenium, not that no Successor Chapters were founded.

It may be that there are no "2nd Founding" Chapters though - if the "2nd Founding" is a specific event in time rather than just "whoever came next".

Consider the Heresy: the Salamanders took a right pasting at Istvaan, at the end of the Heresy there might not have been enough left of the Salamander Legion to "break up"; maybe the survivors just changed their name to the Salamanders Chapter, consolidated themselves over a couple of thousand years, and started producing successors later. But I'm pretty certain that there will have been successors.

And yes, they follow the standard codex organisation, pretty much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts