Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, my friend and i got into big over where the fire point is on a rhino last game, { which is funny since i've been doing it the same way for the past 4 years and only now was it an issue} he was trying to tell me the small tiny hatch at the front where the pintle mounts go is my fire point where as i've always used the large hatch on the top of said model. the reason i bring this to you the devoted heretics is this, i'm not the only one at our FLGS who does this, all the marine players do, but his arguments where compelling enough to make me double check.

so short version, which is the fre point?

·
Registered
948 Posts
I always counted the two window things at the front as the fire points.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Aah I see what you did there....*Shakes fist* Damn you Woog!

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
The back hatch has always been the fire point for me. In previous editions, it even stated the vehicle was open-topped unless power armor was in it, because the hatch was open. Not germaine any more, but history indicates the fire points are the main hatch.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
top hatch of the rhino is the fire point, hence being alble to fire heavy weapons (if the rhino hasnt moved) and have 2 guys fireing

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah, its the big hatch on the back. This is why a Rhino has firepoints but a razorback doesn't.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
great guys, that takes care of that then. as a follow up then i assume the fire points on a chimeria are the rear hatch on the top of it aswell?

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
I thought they were the wiggly guns on the side.

nope, 5 models may fire from the top hatch, the big one on the back. The little wiggly lasguns are just there for show now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts