Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's just one I made for specifically friendly games(I can't see this doing too well in a competitive environment), and I also just wanted to make an oddball list. If there's any ways of making it even more of an oddball(or just more fun to play, I'm not looking to win with this list), but still good, please do suggest them:

HQ:
Haemonculus(3)
-Scissorhand(3), Destructor(3), Jetbikes(3), Webway Portal
Haemonculus(3)
-Scissorhand(3), Destructor(3), Jetbikes(3), Webway Portal
These would be the only things on the table, and they will turboboost first turn and then drop their portals, then head directly into CC. With T5, 2W each and a 5+ invul it should be fairly hard to drop them. My only concern is going against IG or any army with lots of S8-10 weaponry.

Elite:
Wyches(9)
-Wych Weapons, Succubus, Agoniser
Wyches(9)
-Wych Weapons, Succubus, Agoniser
These will come in through the portals and Fleet towards the enemy.

Troop:
Warriors(10)
Splinter Cannon(2), Blaster(2)
Warriors(10)
Warriors(10)
These will come in and hunker down and take potshots.

Heavy Support:
Talos
Talos
Talos
These will do simply what Talos do.

Also a fun(totally unfluffy, and depends on if my opponent lets me) 750 DE + 750 Nids list:
HQ:
Haemonculus
Scissorhand, Destructor

Elite:
Warp Beasts(5)
Warp Beasts(4)

Troop:
Raiders(5)
Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Raider
Raiders(5)
Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Raider

Heavy Support:
Ravager
3x Dizzies
Ravager
3x Dizzies
Ravager

Nids:
HQ:
Prime
Adrenal Glands, Deathspitter, Lash Whip & Bonesword

Troop:
Warriors(3)
Barbed Strangler, Deathspitters, Toxin Sacs
Genestealers(5)
Toxin Sacs
Termagants(16)
Hormagaunts(16)

Heavy Support:
Trygon Prime
Adrenal Glands

·
Registered
539 Posts
When you turbo boost you will have a 3+ cover save. Guard will have mass hydra flaks so you will die.....Most armies have the fire power do deal with a smal amount of bikes rushed out turn one. U CAN NOT deploy the portal on a turn where you move so youll havet o wait till turn 2.....That is if you are still on the table. Against most lists....sadly you wont be.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wait, 3+ cover? Where does it say that? My dex says that your armor becomes an invul, which would be 5++ on a Haemonculus.

I know if I played this online I would be annihilated, but I'm not sure if I would in my LGS. We really shy away from mech(unless you're playing DE and it can't really be avoided) and I would probably have an okay chance at succeeding. Maybe.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
You follow your Dex.

Rules in codex outweigh rules in the rulebook. So until the DE get their update, your save is invunerable.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You follow your Dex.

Rules in codex outweigh rules in the rulebook. So until the DE get their update, your save is invunerable.
The FAQ has completely re-written the reaver jetbike entry. No more invulnerable and it is treated like a regular eldar jetbike in any other situation, therefore you get a 3+ cover.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Fuck sake. That's what you get when you don't buy the updated codex and have all the 'newer' parts hand written on a piece of paper stapled in the back cover.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yea what the other guy said. Print out the FAQ from the GW site. Its treated as a Eldar jet bike. So you can turbo boost 24' and get a 3+ cover save. Id check it somewhere as well cause i think i remember reading that units on jetbikes can not be given a webway portal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts