Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Welcome to the thread for the

Rules

1. The category is decided upon and posted in the Painting Deathmatch Calendar. This month's category is:
    • Single Miniature - Any single miniature from any company up to 40mm size base. If the miniature is not mounted on a base, then entrants must seek confirmation before entering.
  2. Only models that are painted wholly within the month are eligible to enter (i.e. unpainted or only primed at the start of the month). Entrants are not required to post a photograph of the model before painting. If you have a question as to whether or not your model qualifies, please feel free to post in this thread.
  3. You may join the painting deathmatch in progress at any time, but must submit photographs of the completed miniature by midnight GMT, 31 October 2014. WIP images are welcomed and encouraged.
  4. Miniatures that are completed in time will be eligible to win the deathmatch. The deathmatch winner will be decided in a separate voting thread by the Heresy Online community. Votes should be cast not simply on painting skill, but on merit, including creativity, application of painting techniques, individual artist improvement, etc. The winner of the deathmatch will be awarded with the Mark of Slaanesh award.
  5. Winners from the previous month are able to participate in the next months painting deathmatch, but they are not eligible to win in consecutive months.

This is not the year long Army Painting Challenge, but a separate Monthly event. Though entries in one can also be entered into the other (assuming it fits into the category chosen for this deathmatch).

Good luck to all participants!

PS - If you have any feedback on the running or structure of the monthly deathmatches throughout the course of the next month, please comment in the Calendar thread as we will take into account any feedback.http://uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Single miniature, eh? I will have to consult the heap of unpainted models to see what I come up with. Hopefully my restructuring of work will allow me to keep up painting as much as I have been.

·
Registered
633 Posts
One modified Rune Priest coming up.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Fastest paint job of my life. Much excitement involved, must have put the speed of Hermes in my brush. One Callidus Assassin (old metal model from when I was a kid):

Before, with a coat of $5 primer I got at Canadian Tire:

After:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Try adding some white blicks of reflected light on the top black places and then try washing the recesses with black dilluted paint to give her more shiny black than dark grey look
Thanks, but the model is pretty much exactly what I intended it to be. Check out my PLOGs (links in sig, should be updating all of them this month) if you would like to offer me some more advice my friend, though more black wash getting you a darker model...well, kinda obvious :p

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Ha! So this month has been a bit busier than I thought it would for painting. @Dave T Hobbit, is it possible to change my entry to this model here? This is the guy that should be in this month's competition, hands down. Really happy with the way this guy turned out considering how many 'firsts' there were.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Reactions: Dave T Hobbit

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Can't wait until Creature Caster starts shipping and the Free for All category comes out. ;) I'll be painting my zombie dragon.

Lovely to see all the entries so far for this month! Everything looks great.

I forget, do we have to participate to be able to vote?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts