Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please note the change to Rule 2 regarding proof pictures.

October Painting Deathmatch: Single Miniature

Hello everyone! Welcome to the thread for the

Rules

1. The category is decided upon and posted in the Painting Deathmatch Calendar. This month's category is:
    • Single Miniature - Any single miniature from any company up to 40mm size base.
  2. Only models that are painted wholly within the month are eligible to enter (i.e. unpainted or only primed at the start of the month). Entrants are not required to post a photograph of the model before painting. If you have a question as to whether or not your model qualifies, please feel free to post in this thread.
  3. You may join the painting deathmatch in progress at any time, but must submit photographs of the completed miniature by midnight GMT of 31 October 2013. WIP images are welcomed and encouraged.
  4. Miniatures that are completed in time will be eligible to win the deathmatch. The deathmatch winner will be decided in a separate voting thread by the Heresy Online community. Votes should be cast not simply on painting skill, but on merit, including creativity, application of painting techniques, individual artist improvement, etc. The winner of the deathmatch will be awarded with the Mark of Slaanesh award.
  5. Winners from the previous month are able to participate in the next months painting deathmatch, but they are not eligible to win in consecutive months.

This is not the year long Army Painting Challenge run by humakt but a separate Monthly event run by myself. Though entries in one can also be entered into the other (assuming it fits into the category chosen for this deathmatch).

Good luck to all participants!

Please note the change to Rule 2 regarding proof pictures.
Some people who use webcams to photograph their work have said it is very difficult/impossible to take a photograph in front of the thread or with a time stamp. Therefore, as an experiment, we are waiving the proof picture this month to allow as many people as possible to enter. If we feel this was abused we will revert to the earlier rules.

PS - If you have any feedback on the running or structure of the monthly deathmatches throughout the course of the next month, please comment in the Calendar thread as we will take into account any feedback.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Ok! I'm in! I have just kitbashed a Captain for my Blood Angels I am starting, i chose them for the challenge of a hard colour to get crisp and i don't have much practice on red,so I think I will paint him up for this!

Here he is! I think I will go 4th Company. Green gems are the most easy lol.

Pre-Paint;
Action figure Miniature Fictional character Finger Figurine
Headgear Sculpture Figurine Art

Ok, the red armour is done, took me a while. I went for mephy red, evil sunz and then a carroburg wash. I then went over it with evil sunz again leaving the wash in the recess. Following that I did a highlight of wild rider red and a final thin highlight of troll slayer orange. I am quite happy with how it turned out! :-D (Note the halo added as i started painting!)

Done!! The cloak was simply layered up adding a little grey to each layer of black. The chapter logo was ceramite, nuln oil wash, Ulthuan grey leaving black in the recesses and a final edge of white scar!

In the end I went for 2nd company! As I thought yellow gems would be nails! And they were! But I think they set the whole thing off. Any questions fire them to me :) I doubt I will win with this but he tuned out really good.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Count me in for this.

I'll have a think tonight what I'm going to enter :)

·
Registered
992 Posts
I'm going to give this one a shot again this month...have two single figs up in hobby rotation, just gotta figure out which one to do.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Curses, I wish I'd checked the roster for this BEFORE I went and started a Landraider for the Army Painting Challenge. Two consecutive entries would have been sweet.

In the mean time, I'm reserving this space for a Grey Knights Brotherhood/Emperor's Champion... Once it arrives in the mail and I've converted it to taste. Will Dave allow us to put them concurrently in this month's modelling and painting challenges?

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Hopefully finish mine tonight or tomorrow! My first competition entry! :-D
Get cracking! :laugh:

Not even started mine yet :blush:

EDIT: I have decided upon my entry. It will be an old Underhive Scum figure. The guy with the two bolt pistols to be precise! :)

EDIT 2:

Here he is :)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Just ordered the miniature I want to paint for this month. If it's not here by the end of the week then I'm gonna have to wait until another month to do it.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Chaplain Grimaldus, it looks like we'll both be doing BA Captains! I'll post my unpainted fool for combat when I get home. I've actually been waiting for it to go back to single mini so that I have a better chance of finishing things on time. If anyone remembers, it will be the Captain with power axe and sword that I did for the July conversion deathmatch. I even have two days off back to back this weekend, I may get to painting on one of them! Woo!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Wow Silens, that's quite a model. Those two Blood Angel Captains look pretty cool!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yep! Gonna try out some shading techniques with my airbrush and have a go at doing multi-coloured flames for the base.

OSL would look awesome... But I'm not confident enough to do it so I'll likely, well, not do it.

·
Super Moderator
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will Dave allow us to put them concurrently in this month's modelling and painting challenges?
Provided a miniature meets the requirements of each challenge, it can be entered in all of them. So, if you can convert and paint a model in a month you could enter both.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.