Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love using Oblits because or their range of options they provide on the field and because of their fluff. I have 3 GW and 1 homemade one. I have been thinking of eventually using 9 to fill up hs slots.
For those who play chaos, would be an overall wise decision?
Also, do you think Oblits should have a base tough of 5? Or what do you think they should give them to improve them?

·
Registered
256 Posts
They should be given nothing to improve them, they are already one of the best heavy slot choices out of any codex. T5 would make them retardly good, the T4 at least let's them be ID'd by missles.

·
Registered
575 Posts
A few things. Oblits are awesome. Slow, but awesome. Fluff wise 9 oblits in a army would be a bit off. They're supposed to rare creatures. Me personally i love CSM dreadnaughts. Add's fun to your game and they're a huge fire draw off of HQ and troops. No one wants a Dready up in their junk. Defilers are pretty popular but i don't personally have any experience with them. 1 squad of oblits seems to accomplish what it needs to do. What kind of army is it? What are your troops and elites?

woog out!

·
Banned
2,022 Posts
I use no more than three... Unless I'm playing APOCALYPSE!!!!(111!!!), which is almost never. So it is not only retarded Fluffwise but points-wise, that's 675 points... Of Obliterators! YEW NEED MOAR TREWPS, BERZERKAS, PLAYGE MEHREENS... Something... :laugh:

·
Registered
466 Posts
it just depends on what point limit u play...at 1500 pts 9 is pushing it too much imho, 6 is a good number, 2k pts and over 9 is ok, just remember that oblits kill things but troops win games, so plague marines are ur friends :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
I lurves 'em to the core. I remember back when I got my first Chaos Codex, the original 3rd edition, and there were the Obliterators, looking like misshaped anthromorphic jets, with guns for eyes. I loved them anyway. Then the next codex came out and our love shall last for all time.

As for 3 quads... bad idea. 2 sqauds should be enough and Vindicators and Defilers cover many areas where Oblits don't.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Heh, I have an old, old Obliterator that I found in a comic store once. It is awesome.

I find them to be quite useful, but I would recommend to diversify. I would stray away from Defilers (even though I love mine <3), and go for Predators and Vindicators like daxxglax stated. It is important to have mobility with your Heavy Support.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Siphon> As for fluff, they should be T5 only because, my opinion, they are mercenaries so they trade weapon/technology for their services, which it fuses with their body, so logically speaking they become tougher. This is all that really needs to happen to them.
@JDwoogie and everyone else> I was just speaking in terms of usefulness over other HS choices in bigger games. I was talking bout larger games like 2500.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
@Siphon> As for fluff, they should be T5 only because, my opinion, they are mercenaries so they trade weapon/technology for their services, which it fuses with their body, so logically speaking they become tougher. This is all that really needs to happen to them.
That's why they have 2 wounds instead of 1. If they went to T5 they would go down to 1 wound.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Actually I never have been a huge fan of Oblitorator's since mine always seem to get hit by strength 8+ weapons, and no a 5+inv save doesn't help. I do agree that it would be nice if they hat T5 or at least the old 4(5) they had last edition.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Actually I never have been a huge fan of Oblitorator's since mine always seem to get hit by strength 8+ weapons, and no a 5+inv save doesn't help. I do agree that it would be nice if they hat T5 or at least the old 4(5) they had last edition.
good point. After all, GW is going to have to take all of us Chaos players out on a date and kiss us on the lips. They forgot to do that the last time they fucked us....

woog out!

·
Banned
2,022 Posts
good point. After all, GW is going to have to take all of us Chaos players out on a date and kiss us on the lips. They forgot to do that the last time they fucked us....

woog out!
Chaos is actually really strong, given, we're not broken like the Blood Angels... But who is?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts