Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nope... to be clear...

What is the difference in rules between Relentless and Chaos Terminator Armor?

Bueller? Bueller?
Chaos Termie armor doesn't allow the wearer to fire a Rapid Fire weapon after moving as though he had remained stationary; Relentless does allow this. Specifically, this effects those Twin-Linked Bolters that come standard on Chaos Termies, since it can leave you out of range.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
YA! Timberwolf receives a whole box of cookies! Plus the warm and fuzzy feeling of pride that he has truly impressed me. Which of course is the much more valuable prize.

·
Registered
90 Posts
WHAT, no rapid fire for termies? dear lord! (I KNEW MY FRIEND WAS BULLSHITTING ME AGAIN! grr)
*is sad for lack of cookies*

·
Registered
467 Posts
WHAT, no rapid fire for termies? dear lord! (I KNEW MY FRIEND WAS BULLSHITTING ME AGAIN! grr)
*is sad for lack of cookies*
Termis can of course rapid fire at 12" after moving (as every model with a Bolter can) but they can't shoot once at 24" after moving what a model with relentness can.

·
Registered
90 Posts
No i meant the inability to assault after USING a rapid fire weapon, that means terminators CAN'T

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
No i meant the inability to assault after USING a rapid fire weapon, that means terminators CAN'T
Yes they can.

Chaos Terminators cannot move and fire their combi bolters to 24", but they can move, fire them at 12" and then assault.

(obviously they cannot assault after firing at a target 24" away cause they'd be ever so slightly out of range)

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I said what I said and DeathKlokk gave me attractive but flavorless cookies (and calorie free!) I was being specific. The difference between Chaos Termies and any unit with Relentless is that they cannot move and shoot a rapid fire weapon as though they hadn't moved. I'd draw you a rubric if I could, but that means that Chaos Termies are the same as Relentless in all other ways (they can fire a rapid fire weapon and assault as though they hadn't, they can move and shoot a heavy weapon, they can shoot a heavy weapon and still assault). Additionally, they can always move and shoot a rapid fire as if they moved, because every unit in the game can do this. So, again, the ONLY difference between the Chaos Termie special rule and Relentless is that they cannot move and shoot their rapid fire weapon as though they hadn't moved (1 shot 24").

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.