Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a game at the local gaming club yesterday and had something really odd pointed out to me... Nowhere on their wargear do chaos obliterators have "terminator armour" mentioned, though the models are quite blatantly wearing it. What is the deal with this? Do obliterators really not count as wearing terminator armour in regards to sweeping advance etc. or is this detailed somewhere else?

·
Registered
247 Posts
They're not really wearing terminator armour. They've just been changed so catastrophically by the warp that they've toughened up and their armour has changed as well.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Actually, its supposed to be something self inflicted by the obliterator cult. To seek something powerful by fusing man, machine, and the daemonic to create something far more powerful than any singular part. The result, a monstrously tough figure with many warp infused abilities (daemonic armour as tough as adamantium for example) who are capable of shifting their own body to form weapons that are used against foes.

In the current chaos codex and the one before it, they have never worn terminator armour. Their bodies have just increased in size/mass because of the energies and machinery now running through them.

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Yep, no termi armour means they can sweep if given the chance, although I've found if my 'blitz are in CC with something that could be swept, they've failed their job as dakka platforms and/or are gonna die pretty quickly

·
Registered
70 Posts
They do have the same save, can deep strike and are slow and porpiosefull. Now, I don't have the rule book on hand atm, but I think [email protected] says they can't sweeping advance.
Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So they're NOT wearing terminator armour at all. Are we sure? Their armour does look very similar to regular chaos terminator armour...

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
yes we are, as its not listed as termi armour there not wearing it, and if your opponent, agures about it by saying they are, just point the entry out in the codex, and ask him to show you where it says there wearing termi armour (even if he agures that the saves are the same)

·
Registered
596 Posts
For the sake of historical reference, only, the 3rd and 3.5 edition codices, Obliterators had variant versions of Slow and Purposeful which prohibited sweeping advance.

But in all three books (the original 3rd edition codex, the second 3rd edition codex that everyone loved, and the current 4th edition codex), they just end up with the same stats and most of the same abilities as Terminator Armor, without having terminator armor.

·
Registered
592 Posts
For the sake of historical reference, only, the 3rd and 3.5 edition codices, Obliterators had variant versions of Slow and Purposeful which prohibited sweeping advance.

But in all three books (the original 3rd edition codex, the second 3rd edition codex that everyone loved, and the current 4th edition codex), they just end up with the same stats and most of the same abilities as Terminator Armor, without having terminator armor.
Under Icons and Deepstrike in the current codex, it is even explicitly stated that models in terminator armour and obliterators can deepstrike, with an emphasis no the two not being the same.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
if they were in termie armour then they wouldnt need slow and purpoesful would they

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
termie armour allows you to use heavy weapons and not count as moving so they wouldnt need slow and purpoesfull which gives you relentless which is the same thing

·
Registered
90 Posts
True oblits aren't essentially wearing terminator armor, its the fact that a large portion of the obliterator is made of a skin-metal alloy STRONGER then adamantanium. making oblits nigh-invulnerable to most weapons. (confering the same saves as a terminator) also being an abomination, harder to kill (2wounds)

now this is where slow and purposeful comes in, being nothing more then flesh and metal combined, an obliterator probebly weighs up to several tonnes. making them VERY cumbersome, I think it adds to the fluff of oblits.

"MUST..OBLITERATE!"

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
termie armour allows you to use heavy weapons and not count as moving so they wouldnt need slow and purpoesfull which gives you relentless which is the same thing
Not exactly... can anybody tell me the difference?

Cookies galore if you can! :grin:

·
Registered
90 Posts
deathklok

Terminator armor confers a rule that's like relentless (it just says they can move and shoot heavy/rapid fire weapons and still assault as well in the wargear section)

While the slow and purposeful rule treats everything as difficult terrain. But also grants the unit the relentless rule.

thus oblits can move and shoot heavyweapons, as well as charge afterwards. this includes rapid fire weapons as well.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Nope... to be clear...

What is the difference in rules between Relentless and Chaos Terminator Armor?

Bueller? Bueller?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.