Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So based on what i've heard about the Black Legion supplement, people have mentioned 4 helldrakes, but I've been thinking 12 oblits, though that may be a bit excessive, especially in 1750. I'm thinking it would function kinda like death/draigo-wing, minus the deep striking cause since 6th I've found i need the oblits' firepower on turn 1. I'm thinking the low model count and VotLW tax will be be countered by the durability and ability to shoot whatever I need. Just wanted to get some opinions before I go out and buy another terminator box to convert to oblits.

Chaos Lord - 155
Nurgle
Brand
Jump Pack
Lightning Claw
Aura of Dark Glory
(He's my standard deep striking, line-breaking brand lord, can also be swapped into Termnator armor for the same cost)

11x Plague Marines - 284
2x Melta guns
(I could drop a pair of plagues to give them a rhino, but I'm always paranoid about first blood)

5x Plague Marines - 150
2x Plasma guns

3x Nurgle Oblits - 228

3x Nurgle Oblits - 228

3x Nurgle Oblits - 228

BL Allies
Chaos Lord - 130
Nurgle
Spineshiver Blade & Pistol
Aura of Dark Glory
VotLW
(runs up with the big squad of plague marines)

10x Cultists - 55
1x Heavy Stubber

10x Cultists - 55
1x Heavy Stubber

3x Nurgle Oblits - 237
VotLW

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Sounds interesting. Certainly cooler than my Typhus/Mutilators/Oblits list which looks good on paper but then hits like a sack of wet kittens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks good and intimidating, but DO NOT FORGET Oblits are NO longer Fearless and have a reduced Ld. of 8. Running them in groups of 3 means that a lucky las-shot/missile/etc. can make a full 220+ pts. useless.

Why don't you balance the two Plague Marine squads? 9 - 7, or better yet 8 - 8. Unless the 5-man squad is to sit back and relax at 24'' (which I personally prefer not to do).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trust me, I know that oblits are cowardly cowards who cower(stupid demon morale without instability), but the toughness 5 helps.

I like my plague marine bigger than most so they can have some punch in CC, hence the 11 man, so the smaller squad was really more just what I could do with the few points i had left

I like Typhus a lot, but he's just too expensive to fit in 1,750. maybe at 2,000 i could swap the ally lord for him. Also, as cool(and expensive) as teaming him up with an obliterator bodyguard is, he usually winds up getting stuck in a challenge with some chump sgt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True, but without having to challenge, he could kill several guys, and possibly force weapon a characters in the fight to get his boon table roll. And it let's him dodge out of the way of S:10 Smash attacks and Warbosses. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the best guys around in a challenge, but he can wreak much more havoc swinging his manly-reaper at whole squad instead.

·
Registered
358 Posts
but if they do try bein a dick and throwin that little unless sarge use the destroyer hive and take out half there unit anyways

1 - 7 of 7 Posts