Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting my objective markers. The clear tube will have a light underneath that will hopefully make it look cool. Probably stick some Chaos bitz on, spikes, hooks and the symbol of a Chaos god.

Throw in some comments or crazy ideas if you wish.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Maybe you could get some glass paint to make the tube a different colour? Great idea though.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Great concept it just looks a tad to big . On the other hand if you have Bloodfor the Blood God technical paint a coat of that on the tube would make the whole thing really chaosy looking. In fact i might steal this idea and go with this idea myself.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked up a red bulb and battery off a mate yesterday so just need to work out how to fix it underneath. In hindsight, I should've drilled a hole from the top before glueing the tube in place and maybe the tube should've been shorter.

Next job then paint the bottom part with japlac so it doesn't let any light out and fix the bulb and battery in place.

Then I will need to Chaos it up :)

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I think I may be stealing the eye of objectives that light up. My Nurgle deamon army could do with something interesting to fight over.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
This looks like. Nice concept, have you finished it yet? I have had a similar idea for an Eldar objective marker with a glowing spiritstone atop a pilar or rock, connected to the world spirit of an exodite world.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, still as is. The red light didn't work too well. Only really lit up in the dark. Considering painting them now or maybe a brighter bulb. Still use them but get a lot of stick down at the club.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts