6 nurglings

6 nurglings

heavy support

daemon prince

981 points

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm personally not a big fan of nurglings. I can see the appeal somewhat, but they don't seem that great to me. Plus it would give you more points to give your daemon prince Mark of Nurgle so he can benefit from Epi.

Instead of the Nurglings, I'd shoot for upgrading the daemon prince with some ranged attacks, either Breath or Gaze, and try to take Aura of Decay on either him or the GUO, or both. Remember, MCs can shoot twice per turn as long as they have two different ranged attacks. The more mass-killy you can get, the faster you can rack up kills for the tally, and the faster you rack up the tally the closer you get to everything you have being ridiculously powerful. While you're at it, see if you can squeeze in enough points for another Herald of Nurgle with Breath--remember, Epi counts as a Herald, and you can take up to two Heralds as a single HQ choice.

Also, if you get rid of both nurgling units, you can break up your Plaguebearer squads to 6 squads of 5 instead of 3 squads of 10. That's really all you need for holding objectives, and you can try to stack the first wave with your big hitters. It's a bit of a gamble, but as long as your second wave isn't too terrible it's not that risky of one.

And while he's a lot more expensive, see if you can shave off enough points to upgrade your GUO to the named version, Ku'gath. While he's generally too expensive to be worth it by himself, his Ordinance attack is amazing for getting kills fast for tally lists like this. I haven't tried them yet myself, but I've even read more than a few opinions that unless you have Death Guard CSMs helping you out he might be the only way to pull it off. That, and if you take off the Nurglings from your list, using him will let you still use the Nurgling models if you already have them.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i ddecided to go with my first list this one is to expensive and it only has 50/50 chance of working

1 - 3 of 3 Posts