Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im building this nurgle tank and thought it would be a good way to learn a new skill, so i tried using green stuff thinking that learning to sculp with nurgle would be good seeing as how you cant really screw it up(or can you?:grin:).
well you can probably tell its pretty simple work but was a cool challenge for me. as i dont really have sculping skills i used things from my nid bits to add some details, so let me know where i went wrong and things i could've done better
cheers guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I like it! Had to zoom in for the first pic, thought that was a body with the legs sticking out lol. All in all though, I think it looks great. Good job man!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Love the chimneys! grat work. The "tube /pipe " things are a little too polished, i feel.

·
Registered
802 Posts
That pincer would make sweet destroyer blades, looking good! Get some paint on the blighter!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice work. I've yet to delve into the realm of GS, but, I'm hoping to start later this year. What tools did you use to achieve your work?
tools!!! hah kiwis "dont" use tools hehe nah seriously a toothpick and a small metal spade thingy. dont have any sculpting tools yet

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Pappa Nurgle would be proud - Can't wait to see it painted up!

The art of GS isn't one I have attempted yet (beyond making some wings seem a bit more natural, as a addition to a Daemon Prince) so I have alot of respect for guys/girls who can make it look good.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Nice work the chimney stacks look very good. One thing I would be careful of however is covering doors over. It is a transport after all.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Its a good start, but you have only explored one facet of nurgle, you have gone with swellings and growths but you need to focus on some decay too, at the moment the rhino underneath is far too pristine so the green stuff feels stuck on rather than something thats grown from the tank if that makes sense? so it needs pock marks,rust,scratches and holes to kinda pull it together.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I think it looks great, but I feel there is a little too much going on. Perhaps less green-stuff and, as BnK said, some more decay would stand out better.

Regardless, it looks absolutely fantastic! Nice work.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it looks great, but I feel there is a little too much going on. Perhaps less green-stuff and, as BnK said, some more decay would stand out better.

Regardless, it looks absolutely fantastic! Nice work.
Its a good start, but you have only explored one facet of nurgle, you have gone with swellings and growths but you need to focus on some decay too, at the moment the rhino underneath is far too pristine so the green stuff feels stuck on rather than something thats grown from the tank if that makes sense? so it needs pock marks,rust,scratches and holes to kinda pull it together.
funny how you do say that,,i was just thinking how i was going to paint it,,and then i thought id add some bullet holes, and attack it with my dremmel..
as for the paint i thought i might try the salt and hair brush to bring it all together and then washes for the growths...not sure what colour though.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
To add on to what Bits and Dave said, if you cut into the hull and work greenstuff into the rents in the armor, then you can start to simulate Nurgle's rot eating away at the hull.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so here it is guys the finished tank. i took you advice and added some more damage, overall im really really happy with how it came out. couldve been better in places but its still looks cool as always please C&C

Attachments

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Great work fatmantis! Only thing i don't like is the blue light effect on the headlight (too strong). But the nurgle effect is quite impressive

·
Registered
802 Posts
Looking sexy! I like the pincer on the front, how did you paint the rotting bits? I agree with Nef, the OSL on the headlights is a bit strong, I think it spills onto the chassis a bit too much. My first attempt at OSL was similar, can you see how it 'floods' the bit underneath the light?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking sexy! I like the pincer on the front, how did you paint the rotting bits? I agree with Nef, the OSL on the headlights is a bit strong, I think it spills onto the chassis a bit too much. My first attempt at OSL was similar, can you see how it 'floods' the bit underneath the light?
yeah i probably did go a tad OTT but hey you get that on the big jobs hehe.
as for the rotten bits its was a base of tarlen flesh then nurgle green and mixed washes from purple to blue etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts