-Plaguebearers x2
-Soul Grinder

Second Wave:
-Bloodthirster
-Bloodletters x2
-Bloodcrusher

Undecided:
-Daemon Prince

Putting him in the first wave would open the enemy up to more targets and likely spread their fire out more. Allowing my Icons to stay up longer.
If he did go to the first wave then it would encourage me to change him to Mark of Nurgle.

The Nurgle build would probably be this

-Iron Hide
-Mark of Nurgle
-Noxious Touch
-Instrument of Chaos

155 pts

With 10 points left, I'd just give Instruments to both the Greater Daemons as well.

Actually...I do think I like the Nurgle one a lot better.
He's more likely to be fighting Infantry and such rather than tanks, making Noxious Touch a cheaper and better upgrade than Unholy Might.

If I were to not give the three MC's Instruments and then drop Blessing of the Blood God off the Thirster I could also pick up Daemonic Gaze for popping some MEQ's.
OR I could just keep my Instrument for my Daemon Prince here and then drop Fury of Khorne off the Blood Crushers for Daemonic Gaze.
OR I could drop the Instruments WITH the Fury of Khorne and get Breath of Chaos.

Anyways, enough of my ongoing revelations. :biggrin:
Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
312 Posts
295 - Bloodthirster
-Blessing of the Blood God
-Unholy Might
-Death Strike
Deathstrike has to be the biggest waste of points in the whole codex. 1 shot for 20 points?
235 - GUO
-Breath of Chaos
-Aura of Decay
-Unholy Might

175 - Plaguebearers x10

175 - Plaguebearers x10

160 - Bloodletters x10

160 - Bloodletters x10

210 - Blood Crushers x5
-Fury of Khorne
Cut this unit down to 4. Give them Fury, Icon, and Musician. Then play the wound allocation game to really piss off your opposistion

185 - Soul Grinder
-Phlegm
-Tongue
Drop Tounge. Low BS and only 1 shot with it per turn makes it fairly useless. If you wanna kill a tank with a Grinder use fleet and tear it apart with their sick number of attacks
165 - Daemon Prince
-Iron Hide
-Unholy Might
-Death Strike
-Mark of Khorne
These guys are pretty useless. Big points sink that will have a hard time earning them back. A Grinder can pay for itself the turn it lands. And you're gonna need all the firepower you can get!
Total - 1750

QUOTE]

I'd do something more like this:

Bloodthirster 275 Points
- BotBG, Unholy Might

Great Unclean One 205 Points
- Unholy Might, Breath of Chaos

Bloodcrushers (4) 200 Points
- Icon, Fury, Musician

Beasts of Nurgle (3) 105 Points

Plaguebearers (10) 150 points

Plaguebearers (10) 150 Points

Bloodletters (10) 170 Points
-Fury

Bloodletters (10) 170 Points
-Fury

Soul Grinder 160 Points
- Phlegm

Soul Grinder 160 points
- Phlegm

1745/1750 Points

Wave 1: Bloodthirster, Great Unclean One, Grinders, Beasts. This will pummel your opponents with your Grinders to soften them up and put some huge threat on the table. The Nurgle boys will soak tons of damage. By turn 2 your Thirster will be in assualt tying up more units while your Grinders continue to punish your opponent. This leaves your second wave unmolested by enemy firepower when they arrive so your Khorne units can charge in to finish the job and your Nurgle guys camp the objectives. Fury will allow your Bloodletters to deal with all armoured threats except Raiders. But hey, you have 2 MCs and 2 Grinders for that! :victory:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts