Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am missing something please forgive me in advance.
With jink saves now being 4+ does that now mean a nurgle daemon Prince will have a 2+ jink save with his shrouding?? Seems a bit tasty if he does.......

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
If I am missing something please forgive me in advance.
With jink saves now being 4+ does that now mean a nurgle daemon Prince will have a 2+ jink save with his shrouding?? Seems a bit tasty if he does.......
Yep. He can't run people down in combat, which is an inconspicous but huge disadvantage, but he has a permanent 2+ cover save unless you want to be casting Witchfires with him (why would you?) so yeah, a lot tougher than before.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Yep. He can't run people down in combat, which is an inconspicous but huge disadvantage, but he has a permanent 2+ cover save unless you want to be casting Witchfires with him (why would you?) so yeah, a lot tougher than before.
And it's not even that you can Jink while Swooping--FMCs just plain have Jink. Nurgle DPs are that much better--don't bother Swooping, just treat them like Jump Monstrous Creatures from 5e as they hop up the field. S&P is a bit painful for no running, but... eh, worth it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's really nasty. Thanks for the clarification guys. 2+ jink for gliding fmc = charges without waiting a turn for changing flight mode. I can see some opponents moaning a little about that one. Better dig out my old daemon Prince and give him a run out on the field.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i suddenly feel the urge to pull out good old Prince Boograth. It's smashing time.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yeah I noticed that one as well. Combine it with things like CSM Nurgle psychic powers (1 Nova, 2 Maledictions and 1 Large Blast) OR Daemon Nurgle Powers (1 Template, 1 Blast, 1 Blessing, 1 Nova) as none of them need to roll to hit.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
And it's not even that you can Jink while Swooping--FMCs just plain have Jink. Nurgle DPs are that much better--don't bother Swooping, just treat them like Jump Monstrous Creatures from 5e as they hop up the field. S&P is a bit painful for no running, but... eh, worth it.
Yeah, I meant to raise that point but didn't make it explicit.

Not being able to perform Sweeping Advances is kind of brutal too.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The great thing about this 2+ cover save thing is, if you're teeing up a game with someone who has no "ignores cover" weapons you don't need to pack power armour! Yea he may have flamers but is str 3/4 really going to both your T6 too much? Probably not really, if you're a gambler, you'll save the 20 points and spend them elsewhere!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Yeah, I meant to raise that point but didn't make it explicit.

Not being able to perform Sweeping Advances is kind of brutal too.
On the other hand, Be'lakor just got that much better. I mean, it's not like he'll be snapping fire for Puppet Master or anything...

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
The great thing about this 2+ cover save thing is, if you're teeing up a game with someone who has no "ignores cover" weapons you don't need to pack power armour! Yea he may have flamers but is str 3/4 really going to both your T6 too much? Probably not really, if you're a gambler, you'll save the 20 points and spend them elsewhere!
The thing is, a competent opponent will usually have ignores cover. Thunderfire cannon, Noise Marines, Tau markerlights, divination-spam, Heldrake Vector Striking then flaming, IG command squad orders... don't let one 2+ cover be the magic bullet you expect to save you every time. Still though, yeah, it'd be damned fun to run a DSing GUO, Be'lakor, and 2 or 3 Nurgle DPs...

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
also, it dosn't work in cc. so you will rely on your init and T5 in cc...wich is not reliable at all.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
On the other hand, Be'lakor just got that much better. I mean, it's not like he'll be snapping fire for Puppet Master or anything...
Yeah, Be'lakor is all kinds of silly.

Worth noting that a 2+ cover is far from invincible given the Daemon Prince's meagre defences of T5 and four wounds. You'll have to spend a turn on the ground before you can assault, during which you're still very vulnerable.

·
Registered
526 Posts
This is great, I was literally logging in to ask this exact question. I played a 2000pt GK army against a joint Necron and Chaos list and got completely annihilated. Seriously it was embarrassing!!
That 2+ is crazy, I fired about 1500pts of death at it and didn't cause a wound!
I'm now trying to put together a plan for some serious AA... What do you think are the best few AA units in the franchise??

·
Registered
773 Posts
They MC's have to land to assault. Then the ignore cover guns can kill them
Depends. They still have good toughness normally and will generally have a 3+ armour save or 5+ daemon save anyway. Not much outside of Tau that ignores cover tends to have good S and AP (detailed on several threads on many forums) untill you start bringing in FW nonsence.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts