Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an idea of what I want my newly purchased nurgle daemons to look like, but I'm not quite sure what paints I should use. Looking for some guidance.

Skin: I want more of a pale sickly white than the typical Christmas-wreath green seen on GWs site. No idea on paints here. Maybe ogryn flesh or Rakarth flesh as a base, but I'm not sure.

Guts: Thinking dark purple guts with some nice blood effects around the openings. Probably Xereus Purple with the blood for the blood god technical paint

Cloth: Looking for a medium brown color robe that looks tattered and worn. For paints I'm thinking xv88 and tallarn sand.

Metal: Boltgun metal and typhus corrosion. pretty simple.

The main thing I'm struggling with is the skin tone. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be fantastic. I'll probably want the paint level to be slightly above tabletop standard.

Thanks
-Arcticor

·
Registered
533 Posts
It sounds like searching for good zombie flesh schemes would help you out. I've never painted the skin colour you're going for but it's probably the approach I'd take with nurgle daemons too. Maybe VGC dead flesh or off white as a base, followed by a glaze using glaze medium and a sort of grey-green colour which I'd probably look for in the Vallejo Model range since that range has more khaki/military types of colours.

That would be a simple scheme and maybe too simple for your liking, but since it would give a very pallid skin tone it would allow the gory details on the models to stand out.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think Rakarth flesh would be a bit too brown for the skin colour you are trying to achieve. I use Rakarth flesh with an agrax wash for bone, but maybe a wash of drakenoff nightshade or the sepia wash, or maybe a mix of both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts