Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first chaos list so feel free to tear apart.

HQ

Sorcerer Lord
• Terminator amour
• Nurgle rot
• Icon of Nurgle

Elite

5 Terminators - 150
• Heavy Flamer
• Powerfist
• Icon of Nurgle
• 3 combi-flammers

5 Chosen
• 2 Meltaguns
• Lascannon
• Icon of chaos glory

Troops

10 Plague Marines
• 2 Plasma guns
• Rhino
• Plague champion
• Powerfist

10 Plague Marines
• 2 Plasma guns
• Rhino
• Plague champion
• Powerfist

Heavy Support

2 Obliterators

Defiler
• Close combat arm (replace heavy flamer)

=1500

As a basci plan here are a few things that im planning to do. Rush up with rhinos into rapid fire raange and blast the hell out of infantry. The chosen are clearly anti-tank and they will probally be backed up by the terminators to take care of the more numerous enemies if need be. The obliterators deep strike where im having some trouble defending a objective or somthing needs to be blown up. The lord deep strikes hopefully to some GEQs and use nurgle rot I personally think that that would take down a fair number of gaurdsman.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
It looks ok, at first it looked a bit small but then i realised you have terminators and obliterators, the only problem with rhino rushing that i realised when making my word bearers list is even the simpliest of pentrating hit can ruin the plan as the people inside have to disembark.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Rhino rushes are meant to place 2~3 rhinos and just plow them ahead for 1~2 turns, normally having them in cover first turn so they at least get the first turn to move, and having a few rhinos usually makes them split up their chioces for shooting, and smoke the first turn they're out usually helps with the whole immediate disembarking thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it worth taking the rhinos if they will just get blown up. I mean I really wouldnt mind not spending all that cash for such a low point model.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Well they are key to your battle plan, so you should get them. Not trying to desuade you from rhino rushing just that the tactic nowadays is 50/50 especially when your oponent doesn't have anything else to shoot at. In my original word bearers force i had three rhinos rushing over with a vindicator in support and a dreadnaught with no ranged weapon, the list wasn't bad since if anyone of of those squads got over they could virtually wipe out entire armies.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Thing is, with rhino rushes or when ever you use rhinos, they ARE going to be destroyed when rushing, thats a taken fact, the point if rhino rush is to get 1~2 turns of 12" movement and if its doing well or you've been using cover well possibly 3 turns but by that time you should be ready to pop the troops out, alot of the judgement of when to pop the troops though is made on the field but with troop massed marine armies rhino rushes are a great way to go especially now worth the cheeper points so its not as big of a dent when they do get destroyed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts