Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I recently finally got my Forge World order shipped to me so I will be starting my Traitor Guard army. In addition, I just simple greened all of my Space Marines (because I'm switching chapters) and I'm starting to paint a second batch of Assault on Black Reach orks for a friend of mine, so I have a lot of painting to do :biggrin: With this, however, I've come across several issues that I need to be addressed, as follows:

1. Can resin minis be primed with Games Workshop primer? I've heard from some people you have to use automotive primer, others say that if I wash them thoroughly enough I can use GW primer.

2. Resin minis do not work with plastic glue, correct?

3. With the Citadel Spray gun, can you spray non-foundation paints (e.g. Codex Grey) or are they not thick enough?

4. If the above answer is yes, can you spray more than one layer of paint on a mini (e.g. Adeptus Battlegrey followed by Codex Grey)?

5. What about spraying minis that are mixtures of paints (e.g. Dark Flesh and Adeptus Battlegrey)?

Answers to some or all of these are appreciated :eek:k:

Scathainn :victory:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hey all,
I recently finally got my Forge World order shipped to me so I will be starting my Traitor Guard army. In addition, I just simple greened all of my Space Marines (because I'm switching chapters) and I'm starting to paint a second batch of Assault on Black Reach orks for a friend of mine, so I have a lot of painting to do :biggrin: With this, however, I've come across several issues that I need to be addressed, as follows:

1. Can resin minis be primed with Games Workshop primer? I've heard from some people you have to use automotive primer, others say that if I wash them thoroughly enough I can use GW primer.
I always use GW primer on my FW stuff

2. Resin minis do not work with plastic glue, correct?
correct

3. With the Citadel Spray gun, can you spray non-foundation paints (e.g. Codex Grey) or are they not thick enough?
they are fine, still need a bit of water, but not as much as foundations, about 50% less, add a small amount and test from there, it's easier to go thinner than thicker

4. If the above answer is yes, can you spray more than one layer of paint on a mini (e.g. Adeptus Battlegrey followed by Codex Grey)?
yes, as long as they are thin layers and you don't blast them with it

5. What about spraying minis that are mixtures of paints (e.g. Dark Flesh and Adeptus Battlegrey)?
again, test the water concentration. mixing paints is fine as long as the consistency is done properly
Answers to some or all of these are appreciated :eek:k:

Scathainn :victory:
this post is longer than 10 characters

1 - 2 of 2 Posts