Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been having some good luck with these guys for the last year or so as my 2nd 40K army & after having learned to expect to lose the initiative (truly between 1/3 & 1/2 of my opponents sieze the initiative when I play these guys...) I fell into the same lists seen on here... I have to say the new codex really doesn't change much as far as I'm concerned. It adds a whole bunch of new shiney toys and makes some small adjustments to the core, but in the whole I think that for now, the tried & true is still going to be the most effective. To illustrate this is what I've drawn up from the new codex to play at 1700pts; you'll note that I'm quite shy of that, but haven't paid for any squad champs or their upgrades anywhere yet

Archon (150pts)
Shadowfield
Huskblade
Combat Drugs
{probably give him the nade launcher &/or soul trap, not sure if you're limited in pts/selections}

(5) Incubi (185pts)
Raider
{Will have Klavex w/ Demiklaves & Murderous Assault}

(10) Wyches (180pts)
Sharnet & Impaler
Hydra gauntlets
Raider
{Probably have hekatrix w/ some kinda PW...}

(10) Wyches (180pts)
Sharnet & Impaler
Hydra gauntlets
Raider
{Probably have hekatrix w/ some kinda PW...}

(10) Warriors (190pts)
Splinter Catapult
Blaster
Raider w/ Splinter Racks

(10) Warriors (190pts)
Splinter Catapult
Blaster
Raider w/ Splinter Racks

(5) Reaver Jetbikes (130pts)
(1) Caltrop

(3) Ravagers (315)
(1) w/ Dizzies

Totalling 1520, leaving me with 180 points to add upgrades once I take a closer look, but really I'm currently running:

Archon
Shadowfield, Agonizer, nades, drugs, splinter pistol

Retinue
(5) Incubi
(4) Warriors
(2) splinter catapults
plasma grenades
raider

(8) Wyches
nades
wych weapons
Succubus w/ Aganizer & Combat Drugs

Raider

3x Raider Squad
(10) Warriors
Splinter catapult
Blaster
*(1) Squad has Sybarite w/ Crucible & trophy racks on raider

2x (10) Warrior Squad
(2) Dark Lances
(2) Blasters

(3) Ravager
Nightshields
(1) w/ Dissies

All raiders have horrorfexes.

Both lists have the same solid core of (5) raider mounted squads, only now (4) of them are troops AND I have those nice jetbikes to try out (or mandrakes, or whatever...) But it works great currently and I can only see it getting better

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.