1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
do you wanna play deathwing? if not play normal SMs

·
Registered
304 Posts
Are dark angles good, or will they be phased out soon? i'm thinking of playing them soon. that or Angry Marines.
Play Angry marines if anyone allows it then DO IT!!!!

Angry marines are awesome.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
No, Dark Angels are not good... Just like Templars, all thier stuff is overcosted... But if you like the look or the fluff... you can just use a different codex for the army list. Pretty much, the type of list you want to run can dictate the codex you use.... All the new Marine books have things they do really well... but nobody would give you a hard time if you wanted to do an all jumper list and used the BA codex for your army...

·
Registered
220 Posts
wheres your group, in nh? do you guys play a good amount of 40k?

mine is in so.portland, maine. i just started going there and they don't play much 40k. more hordes/warmachine, which i'm starting in on presently.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
No, Dark Angels are not good... Just like Templars, all thier stuff is overcosted... But if you like the look or the fluff... you can just use a different codex for the army list. Pretty much, the type of list you want to run can dictate the codex you use.... All the new Marine books have things they do really well... but nobody would give you a hard time if you wanted to do an all jumper list and used the BA codex for your army...
Would disagree with this. Though Dark Angels pretty much do suck unless your going to do ravenwing or deathwing. Black Templar are pretty awesome. The old rules allow them to use veteran rules which is an advantage over space marine armies. Even Blood Angels and Space Wolves are limited to this category. Vows still rock, and they arguably have the best assualt terminators in the game.

The thing with Dark Angels is that they are too basic. In fact thats my argument in using vanilla marines. Having a 15 pt model with only one attack really pisses me off. :threaten:. I try to stay away from that crap as much as possible.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Would disagree with this. Though Dark Angels pretty much do suck unless your going to do ravenwing or deathwing. Black Templar are pretty awesome. The old rules allow them to use veteran rules which is an advantage over space marine armies. Even Blood Angels and Space Wolves are limited to this category. Vows still rock, and they arguably have the best assualt terminators in the game.
While, I think you can build an OK list with the Templar, they struggle. One or two units + vows does not make an army good. You just can't get the same volume of firepower as you can from Codex, Space Wolves, or Blood Angels... and without volume of fire, you will struggle in 5th ed.

For 2K what is the most competative list you can build for the Templars? I have yet to see one that would hang vs good Mech IG or Razorspam -- the closest I've seen was Stelek's MSU drop pod list for them...

And I've not seen a competative Ravenwing/Deathwing list yet...

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to harsh on the Dark Angels or the Black Templar. In fact the BT were my first army... and I love the guys... but I don't seem them being able to field a competative list.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts