Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Norm's Knights Of Blood

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  normtheunsavoury 
#1 ·
These are the first almost done minis for my slowly building Knights Of Blood army.
Some of them are not table top legal but as I'm still debating whether or not to actually get back into gaming I'm not too bothered.
They all still need some touching up and detailing but I haven't posted any work in ages so please, enjoy!

First up, my Astorath the Grim, the eagle eyes among you might notice that he's actually a Khorne type but with a few purity seals and stuff, dah daaah! Evil Blood Angel type!

My captain, left over from the Black Reach box

And my first Honour Guard, the Lightning Claw is made from a power fist and some 'Nid claws, it still needs painting but I'm happy with it so far.

And all together

So, C&C welcome, what do you think so far?

Sorry some of the pics are a bit blurry, my camera is having an identity crisis.
It's really a phone!

See less See more
#4 ·
It's my phone, it used to be fine but for some reason it's gone a bit loopy and seems to keep blurring everything. I'll have a fiddle with the settings and see if it clears up a bit.

Next up should be some Sanguinary Guard and Death Company.
I'm having a pig of a time getting the black looking right on the death company but I'll crack it soon enough!
Thanks for the rep!

#6 ·
You have to come back atleast just to hang out and bug the hell out of me when it comes to talking about food and cooking.

Seriously your captain to me looks really good so hopefully you can get some better pics of them.

#8 ·
Yeah, no problem. It's something I started on ages ago for a chaos raptor but was never really happy with the finished miniature so scrapped the idea. When I started putting together my new army I found it laying around in my bits box and thought it looked suitably nasty, I added some guitar strings to the back of the glove to cover up some nasty scratches and there it is, i just need to get it painted up now.

@Morfangdakka. you could be very handy indeed, I'm trying to teach myself sugar work at the moment, with varying levels of success. completely off topic I know but any advice would be much appreciated!

#10 ·
just a quick update, one of my Sanguinary Guard, sorry the pics are still a little blurry(I am working on it, honest!)
I'm not a massive fan of the gold armour look so I've gone with a gun metal finish instead, it's all explained in the fluff that I'm busying myself with at the moment, I'll post it up soon in the relevant section.

Again, sorry for the blurry shots!

#11 ·
In between running around after a ten year old (school holidays are great!) and doing almost endless amounts of stuff thats not what I want to be doing I've finally finished the first of my Knights of Blood.
Hopefully I've worked out the kinks with my phone and these pics do look a lot better!

I made the lightning claw out of a power fist (the pointy finger one) and some nid claws. The base is broken bits of plaster, sand and a couple of bits of lolly stick. I made the stuff oozing out with some PVA glue painted quite thick in the areas that I wanted it then drizzled with super glue. The two glues together sort of clot up and form lumps, ideal for icky chemical spillage.

#12 ·
Another quick update, my Death Company.
I started out doing them in black but it's a bitch to paint and in the end I had to accept defeat!
So, like my Sanguinary Guard, I've decided to go with an alternative colour scheme.
I've got the base coats on them just about done and I'm starting to work on some of the details before going back and finishing the highlights.
I should have them done this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to post up the finished articles.

#16 ·
Thanks for the comments and rep!
I'm working on the camera issues and hopefully should be able to get it resolved soon, it's frustrating that I know they look much better in the flesh.
The eventual plan is to get them all together on a large scenery piece, like a huge diorama, all advancing on some as yet undecided enemy.
Any Ideas on what would be a suitable enemy would be much appreciated.

#18 ·
Liking these a lot, as much as i like BA the 'shiny prettyness' buts me off, so i'm liking the gritty scheme you're using.

My only comment would be that the white looks a bit clean compared to the rest of the model, it stands out a bit and upsets the feel of the paintjob imo.

#19 ·
Thanks for the feed back again, it's been really positive so far, cheers!
Here's a (almost) finished Death Company Marine. It's come out a little brighter than I wanted so I will set about it tomorrow with some washes to try and grubby him up a bit.

I've still got to finish the bases for the unit and add some detailing to the guns, but other than that he's pretty much done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.