Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Excluding some videogames i've never played a real match of wh40k.
My friends play usually with 1k pt army, so i've prepared this list.
Please give me a feedback >_<

Hq: 1 Reclusiarch + Jump Pack = 155pt

Death Company: 5 marines with jump pack, thunderhammer, powerfist,power sword, inferno pistol = 260 pt

1 x Death Company Dreadnought / Furioso Dreadnought (really don't know which one is better.... plz gimme a hint!) = 125

2 x Assault Squad: 5 marine, powerfist, inferno pistol = 140 x 2

1 x Devastator Squad: 5 marine, 3 lascannon, missile luncher = 175

Tot = 995

I will play mostly against eldar (they will place a wall of fire....). Is a good strategy to play with one of the 2 assault squad in reserve and place it with the Descent of Angels next to enemy most deadly heavy support troop? I mean... there is not a lot of guys on the table and play with one squad out can be dangerous...
So I'm up to you! Please gimme a feedback!
Thank you.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well your list looks ok to me. The Death Company are a big point sink at this many points. I'd reccomend taking them out and giving your Assault Squads Rhinos or Razorbacks and possibly add in a Baal Predator. As for the Dreadnought I'd go with the Furioso, he has front armour 13 and unless you're using Drop Pods or Stormravens DC Dreads aren't worth it because they can just be baited around the table.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i wouldn't take this list at all. 20 Marines and a 4th of that isn't scoring.

i'd drop the DC and DC Dread all together.

your assault squads are small, thus vulnerable, and they're foot slogging it. your Devastators are very good, though i'd drop the ML to save a little bit on points.

the Chappy could stick around, but i'd consider a multi-purpose unit, like a Libby for the list, or i would consider Tycho or even Seth.

good hunting.

·
Registered
95 Posts
take out the dc and dc dread use 2 assault squads with lightning claws and melta then take a baal predator and a reclushiarch and and one ore two razorbacks for the assault squads i also take a sanguine guard but thats a good stats and leaves you with a bunch of points to field stuff like a vindicator if you want more info leave me a personal message

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank u all for the answer!!
Ok, then the key is to have the assault squad in position safe with the transport.
I thought DC was pretty good but u all kicked it so ill left it for transport. I think I'll buy a predator baal then. It can be a good support to kill big infantry unit isnt it?
So if i understand well its better don't use the Descent of Angel deep strike isnt it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts