Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I did post here a while back, but today I splashed the cash! By the end of the week (once the mail order stuff arrives!) I'll have a hot, sleazy, get the enemy on their kneesy Slaanesh force.

I bought the battleforce box set, and interestingly enough I'm using absolutely none of it in this list! I will have some spare Noise Marine models, and I haven't assembled anything yet so the Lord could be a Sorc, but as the title suggests I don't want to run a lash list. Why? It's viewed as being pretty cheesy in my club. With that in mind, what make you of this?

HQ

Daemon Prince 160
Wings, Warp Time, MoS

Chaos Lord 160
Termie Armour, Blissgiver, Combiflamer, IoS

Elites

4x Aspiring champ Terminators 220
1 powerfist & heavy flamer, 3 x dual lightning claws

Troops

3 x 6 Noise Marines (666!)
1 asp champ, doom siren, pfist, Icon
1 x blastmaster
4 x Sonic Weapons

Heavy Support

Land Raider 235
Havoc Launcher

2 x 2 Obliterators 300

Daemons

Greater Daemon 100

8 x Daemonettes 104

The lord runs with the termies in the Land Raider. Extra icons/champs in the NM squads allow summed daemons. Points are pretty tight at 1999, is this viable? Do I need a lash for the DP? Who's going to give me bother?

Cheers fellas
Stu

PS forgot to add, I haven't actually played a game of 40K in about 15 years!

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Deux,

Thanks, that is sound advice. The saving made from the 3 powerfists and doom sirens gets me a possessed Vindicator! Costs my pocket a little extra, but the list now looks like this:

HQ

Daemon Prince 160
Wings, Warp Time, MoS

Chaos Lord 155
Termie Armour, Blissgiver, Combiflamer, MoS

Elites

4x Aspiring champ Terminators 220
1 powerfist & heavy flamer, 3 x dual lightning claws
Land Raider 220

Troops

3 x 6 Noise Marines 600
1 asp champ, Icon
1 x blastmaster
4 x Sonic Weapons

Heavy Support

Vindicator 140
Daemonic Possession

2 x 2 Obliterators 300

Daemons

Greater Daemon 100

8 x Daemonettes 104

Total: 1999

Really keen to this put together, paint it and get it on the table!

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Again, thanks for all the replies :drinks:

I'm immovable on the Daemons. I love them. My Marines quite literally worship them. So, they stay. Tempted with bulking out the Noise Marine squad, but the 666 is an Omen, so I'm loathe to mess with it.

It does leave me some tough choices though, as you guys are right; I need a delivery system for the greater Daemon. Having a 100 point GD possess a 55 point terminator makes no sense.

My main problem now; do I go for 2 vindicators, no greater daemon, and 2 Oblits? That does look pretty tempting, but it still leaves me short on troops. Might go for this with a lash prince instead of warp time. Makes me a bit sad, but one lash shouldn't be too cheesy and still fits with the army theme.

Other option is no Vindicators, have 3 Oblits (keeping the Greater Daemon) and throw in 8 CSMs including a champ in a rhino. This delivers all the Daemons and gives me more troops.

I'll probably go for the second option for now, as it's easier on the pocket. Thanks for all the replies though, it's given me a lot to think about!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.