Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local gameshop is doing a "tourney" that involves a different mission each week with a few restrictions. The main restriction being that you can't take any named characters. The other being that you can either choose to have ONE named artefact or choose your warlord trait. This is one of the lists I've come up with and considering its pretty much been since the beginning of 6th ed rules since I've played, I'd like some input.

HQ:
Chaos Sorc w/
Psyker lvl 3, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch (+1 Tough, +1 Attack, Jetbike), Spell familiar, Sigil of Corruption, Daemonheart (2+ armor save and It Will Not Die), Meltabombs, Gift of Mutation, Combi-bolter.

Troops:
CSM x10 (x2) w/
Close combat weapons x18, Meltagun x4, Mark of Slannesh, Icon of Excess (Feel No Pain), Power Weapons, Meltabombs

Rhino x2

CSM x10 w/
Close combat weapons x9, Meltagun, Mark of Nurgle, Icon of Vengeance (Fearless), Power Weapon, Lascannon

Fast Attack
Heldrake x2 w/Baleflamers

Fortification
Aegis Defence Line w/ Comms Relay (re-roll Reserve rolls) and Tanglewire x4 (1x6 pieces of terrain that count as dangerous terrain that can be put wholly within 6" of your fortification)

Total:1502

It's really an experimental list especially considering the lack of uniques that I'd love to put inbut yall let me know if you see anything especially erroneous. I like Gift of Mutation on the HQ bc its 10 points for something that could be extremely beneficial (or nothing, I know).

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
seems pretty well rounded and sufficently competitive to me.
If yyou want to go more competitive, replace a unit of marines for 10 cultists and take some obliterators

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
:) and let us know how the Fickle Gods reward you in battle! (if you turned into a spawn, don't bother. :crazy: )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts